Calling all Sierra victims.

kangaroojack

This message is for the students of Sierra Academy who have disenrolled, or are about to disenroll and wish to get their loan money returned. Please contact me at dougscarborough@yahoo.com if you are interested in taking action against Sierra and KS Aviation. Those who do not fall in this category need not reply to this post. Those who have signed any waiver that KS is not responsible for previous loan money, need not reply.
Learn more by visiting:
www.sierraacademy.150m.com/sierra.html
Thank you.
Doug

[ QUOTE ]
You can get sued for slander. I hope the best for you. Good Luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
What was slanderous?

[ QUOTE ]
You can get sued for slander. I hope the best for you. Good Luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is based on what? your vast legal knowledge as a lawyer? oops I forgot.. your not one.

Since we are on the subject of slander.. to make a case it would have to have been false, which it isnt, and second it would have to be maliciously spoken which stating the facts isnt. Ok enough of this for one night.

Ryan

So let me get this straight. I can persue legal action against Sierra and possibly get my money back minus what I'd owe for court fees and legal expenses, which assuming we win which isn't guarenteed, might leave me with 50% of what I'm owed at best, or I can continue at Sierra and get 100% of the training I paid for with no obligation to make any further deposits.

Hmmm....tough decision.

What I mean by slander is your little web site. Not what you posted. And I do think this forum has had enough of this stuff lets all agree not to agree and move on. And good luck with Skip and your money and time. I would rather put my effort in finishing my ratings and move on. Not some legal battle that will last months while ever one else gets hired an moves on. Just fly if off and then leave. By the way contract law and business transactions are required to be reviewed by a CPA, which I am. So my knowledge of the agreement from a business stand point is pretty good. Plus lawyers will sue on your side. CPA's are third party oversight, we look at things as black and white. Not interupt what we think. We have ethics but no feelings. Lawyers lack ethics and have tons of feelings.

Slander is a form of defamation wherein a false statement is published (spoken) to a third party. If the false statement attacks someone's business then a jury may 'presume' damages. Another form of defamation is libel. Libel is a false statement published (written) to a third party. Again, a libelous statement attacking a business allows a jury to presume damages. However, truth is an absolute defense to any defamation claim. Therefore, if you say that someone may be sued for slander for something they say on this board, then you are technically wrong. I haven't heard any words coming from my computer. Someone may be sued for libel for FALSE statements written about a business. Then again, a lawsuit against a flight instructor or student wouldn't make practical sense. A flight school hiring a lawyer, paying him $10,000 to file a defamation claim against a person with little or no collectable assets doesn't really make sense. Just a few thoughts on business defamation.

P.S. Malicious intent is a higher standard of proof applied mainly to the media.

soonermurph-
that's about the best darn explanation of slander i've ever heard. of course it's the one i've ever heard but still, if i had heard more yours would still be the best. what the #$$%% are you doing flying airplanes?
grin.gif

Back