Call to Action.... demand ALPA accountability!

Not anymore. Most of that stuff has gone away. The really big MECs may have modest hospitality suites, but that's about it nowadays. Not enough money for the good parties. I didn't exactly see you throwing a big protest about the parties in Vegas when you were on the BOD, by the way. :rolleyes:

The reason you didn't was because we did so before the BOD and refused to spend our members dues on the party. Just like we refused to go along with the one that hired the hooker and the dwarf bartender dressed like a leprechaun who was slinging drinks while she was turning tricks in exchange for BOD votes. Didn't your MEC kick in on that one (Don't waste your time with the denials. The record of the MEC who used ALPA funds to buy her ticket from DTW exists and is part of a lawsuit).

I do seem to recall a recent post from you about the next BOD and Hooters Girls. You'd think that in a time when people are losing jobs, carriers can't get T/A's passed...or even past their MEC and to the membership...that the National Officers and elected reps would be focused on jobs, not hospitality.

Maybe instead of "good parties" that money should go to buy groceries or pay COBRA for furloughed guys instead of everyone walking around impressed with how important they look in suits. Aw, what am I saying? It's a convention....PARTY TIME!!! They'll NEVER see the pic's in the magazine!!:rotfl:

It's great to know that AFTER the reps vote how they want...regardless of the crewmembers want...they can be recalled. (Actually they can before as well) See, I understood that. It's just too bad that most ALPA members don't know that their reps can vote any damn well way they please...so their interests may not be the same as the reps "political desires."

But after the vote hey, what can they do?

I'd like some of the money to go towards modernizing out IT policies and more transparency.

We just had a LOA drop in our laps that no one knew jack squat about until the union passed it.

Would have been cool for some advanced notice about the issue, a little discussion and probably at least a password-protected "peek" at the deliberations instead of the "this is what the company needed, this is what we did, this is what you get, we're all volunteers so don't dream of questioning our benevolence".

I'd like some of the money to go towards modernizing out IT policies and more transparency.

We just had a LOA drop in our laps that no one knew jack squat about until the union passed it.

Would have been cool for some advanced notice about the issue, a little discussion and probably at least a password-protected "peek" at the deliberations instead of the "this is what the company needed, this is what we did, this is what you get, we're all volunteers so don't dream of questioning our benevolence".

Man, THAT sounds familiar.......

Man, THAT sounds familiar.......

And that's not the way it's supposed to work.

I'd like a little more "George Patton" and a little less "Grand Admiral Karl Dönitz" from the folks which I'm paying 1.95%

We had that problem over here, so a certain someone got elected and put a membership ratification policy in the MEC Policy Manual that requires a membership vote on any LOA that changes the contract.

We had that problem over here, so a certain someone got elected and put a membership ratification policy in the MEC Policy Manual that requires a membership vote on any LOA that changes the contract.

They'd probably circle the wagon train and fight like hell to keep that from getting ratified.

Hell's no. I've seen Mickley in action and your crap better be correct else he's going to tell you to kick rocks.

"Look it up, it's page 441 section 5 paragraph five... Naw naw, I'll tell you what it says, and I quote..."

The "unofficial" answer I got was "it would bring the MEC to a grinding halt".

Yes! That's the idea!

"Zovirax will stop the infection..."

"Yes!"

The other option is just to straight up clean house. Around here, MEM is gonna have all new reps (I think we need a sign in the crew room that says "Under new management" over the ALPA board), the DTW reps seem to be pretty much in touch with what their guys want, but I don't know about MSP/ATL.

The "unofficial" answer I got was "it would bring the MEC to a grinding halt".

Yes! That's the idea!

Yes, it does stop morons from making knee-jerk decisions just because management is pressuring them. Instead, you have to go out and tell your members why changing their contract is a good idea, and convince them of it. Imagine that!

I've never understood why some union leaders think pilots should have the right to give a yea or nay on a full contract, but not when you sign LOAs to change portions of it. Makes no sense. Either the pilots own their contract, or they don't.

I thought this string was about how ALPA Unit 1 staff was getting screwed over by ALPA management that is using airline management style tactics against their own people, including witholding of information and illegal terminations, to intimidate the employees. They already imposed a contract on Unit 2 from what the employees said a few months ago and screwed them too.

To treat their own employees this way, you have to wonder whose side they are on.

You really need to stop talking out of your ass. The Unit 2 employees received a ratified contract back in June, it wasn't imposed. The Unit 1 employees are the ones working under imposed terms.

Touchy, touchy!

The question remains why the union filed one Unfair Labor Practices and the Board filed another.

Why the employees offered 2.7 million in cut savings over what Jalmer and Bruce demanded, and they walked away.

Why ALPA's proposal for the retirement plan makes it impossible for anyone who gets hired at age 30 to ever retire with a retirement plan.

Why ALPA declared an impasse in the middle of meetings that were making progress.

Why the mediator has said he's fed up with ALPA's refusal to bargain with the employees in good faith.

And instead of settling the ULP's, deciding to spend what will be close to $250,000.00 in pilots dues money to fight it, lose and pay out even more in penalties.

Unit 1 has offered concessions and instead, they get the same slash and burn tactics that airline management throws at pilots. I wonder how many MEC's have shared both sides with their pilots. Has the ATN MEC?

Doesn't a union have a fundamental responsibility to not treat it's employees the way management treats the people that the union itself is paid to represent?

After all, are these Unit 1 and 2 people not the very people who are there to protect the pilots?

Touchy, touchy!

No, I just want accuracy rather than your crazed rants. You aren't helping the Unit 1 members when you spread misinformation.

The question remains why the union filed one Unfair Labor Practices and the Board filed another.

Actually, the union filed more than that. Guess you don't talk to as many staffers as you claim. Big surprise. :rolleyes:

Why the employees offered 2.7 million in cut savings over what Jalmer and Bruce demanded, and they walked away.

Why ALPA's proposal for the retirement plan makes it impossible for anyone who gets hired at age 30 to ever retire with a retirement plan.

Why ALPA declared an impasse in the middle of meetings that were making progress.

Why the mediator has said he's fed up with ALPA's refusal to bargain with the employees in good faith.

And instead of settling the ULP's, deciding to spend what will be close to $250,000.00 in pilots dues money to fight it, lose and pay out even more in penalties.

Unit 1 has offered concessions and instead, they get the same slash and burn tactics that airline management throws at pilots.

It wouldn't be appropriate for me to discuss any sort of details about this, but suffice it to say that many of your points are completely wrong. You really need to find some better sources of information.

I wonder how many MEC's have shared both sides with their pilots. Has the ATN MEC?

It wouldn't be appropriate to discuss details of negotiations in the public. The ATN MEC has, however, sent a letter to Captain Prater in support of the Unit 1 staff and asking that the matter be resolved quickly. This was sent out in a press release by Unit 1 this summer.

Doesn't a union have a fundamental responsibility to not treat it's employees the way management treats the people that the union itself is paid to represent?

After all, are these Unit 1 and 2 people not the very people who are there to protect the pilots?

I've walked the Unit 1 picket lines. Have you? Your deranged ramblings on internet web boards that are designed to attack ALPA rather than support the staff are not helpful for Unit 1. Stop pretending to care about the staff. Your only motivation is attacking ALPA.

Back