C-17 Line Closing in 2015

No shock there. I left C17 GSP Program in 2010. We had already cut the production rate and were in the process of moving the Sustainment office (GSP Program) to the Huntington Beach facility (out of the leased office across the airport)

Any word as to what might replace the C-17 when the time comes?

Now this guy is funny! In typical fashion, we are scrapping a good program that will keep our military a step ahead of every other military in the world, with no replacement.

He held true to his promise. We are all still "Hoping for Change."

I'm about to lose my home to 500% flood Insurance premium increases, so it's everyone for themselves anymore.

Now this guy is funny! In typical fashion, we are scrapping a good program that will keep our military a step ahead of every other military in the world, with no replacement.

He held true to his promise. We are all still "Hoping for Change."

So we should buy more? We don't need more. If other countries need more C-17s, then great....

So we should buy more? We don't need more. If other countries need more C-17s, then great....
I remember so many years ago when the phrase was "40 and no more" when they tried to kill it off the first time. There's 200+ in USAF inventory so it had a good run....

I'm about to lose my home to 500% flood Insurance premium increases, so it's everyone for themselves anymore.
If you don't mind me ask, what do you pay for flood insurance? I have three properties and have the federal flood insurance program protecting all of them. It's less than a thousand dollars for all three for the year. That's cheap in my opinion. Then again I hope I never have to use it.

The C-17.....which people often forget was derived from this beautiful airplane: the YC-15. The YC-15 was a competitor with the Boeing YC-14 in the late 1970s for a transport aircraft, only two of each being built. One YC-14 is in the boneyard at KDMA, the other is at the Pima Air Museum. Of the YC-15, only one remains on display at KEDW, after having been brought out of the Pima Air Museum after 15 years on display. It flew as a testbed for McD for the C-17 program, but suffered engine/aircraft damage during a flight over Palmdale, and was deemed uneconomical to repair. The other YC-15, on display at the boneyard, was inexplicably scrapped last year; thus leaving only one YC-15 in existance anymore.

C-15.jpg

The C-17.....which people often forget was derived from this beautiful airplane: the YC-15. The YC-15 was a competitor with the Boeing YC-14 in the late 1970s for a transport aircraft, only two of each being built. One YC-14 is in the boneyard at KDMA, the other is at the Pima Air Museum. Of the YC-15, only one remains on display at KEDW, after having been brought out of the Pima Air Museum after 15 years on display. It flew as a testbed for McD for the C-17 program, but suffered engine/aircraft damage during a flight over Palmdale, and was deemed uneconomical to repair. The other YC-15, on display at the boneyard, was inexplicably scrapped last year; thus leaving only one YC-15 in existance anymore.

View attachment 25195

That thing is just crying for JATO.

No shock there. I left C17 GSP Program in 2010. We had already cut the production rate and were in the process of moving the Sustainment office (GSP Program) to the Huntington Beach facility (out of the leased office across the airport)

Looks like California, for the past 20 years has lost aircraft manufacture facilities from pretty much every AC maker...

Looks like California, for the past 20 years has lost aircraft manufacture facilities from pretty much every AC maker...

Kalifornia is a far cry these days from the aviation manufacturing/design and defense industry Mecca that it once was.

Kalifornia is a far cry these days from the aviation manufacturing/design and defense industry Mecca that it once was.

my gf`s landlord was a retired airspace engineer that came over to California from Eastern Europe, he worked for every single aircraft manufacturer, high level skilled workers would get recycled all the time after a line would close, but it got to the point that there was no more work in California.

my gf`s landlord was a retired airspace engineer that came over to California from Eastern Europe, he worked for every single aircraft manufacturer, high level skilled workers would get recycled all the time after a line would close, but it got to the point that there was no more work in California.

The early 1990s were rough on CA's economy. I think California is much more diversified now than it was 25 years ago. If only that helped ease California's financial woes....

Back