...But I won't say "ya'll" and WILL NOT eat grits.

Re: ...But I won\'t say \"ya\'ll\" and WILL NOT eat grits.

Come on now, the S.E. isn't ALL that bad. (Daytona IS, but we're the #1 vacation destination for every Busch drankin', NASCAR watchin', NRA card carryin' American in the US)

Maybe I'll call some southern businesses to put up advertising to make the Westside Posse feel more at home: "Come to Waffle House for Our RAD New Grits and pecan waffle combo" or what about "Aren't you STOKED about the new peach pie at Friendly's?"

Now the commute, that does stink. I can say the same for the airport. But Atlanta ain't all that bad.

Oh I know.

Just that airline pilots normally speak ill of the largest home base.

American guys speak poorly of the DFW base.

UAL guys probably speak poorly of the DEN base.

And a lot of us outlanders in DFW/LAX/SLC/CVG/NYC speak poorly of ATL.

It's just habit!
smile.gif

Some euphemisms for ATL (the airport NOT the city) as heard from some other pilots: "Unibase", "Uni-hub", "Crackertown USA", "Hooterville", "Mecca", etc.

For the training center: "Virginia Avenue", "School House"

For the managers: 'Fourth Floor", "Mahogany Row"

Hey, maybe you'll save some time because the train/tram in ATL is WAY faster than the trAAin or whatever that thing is called. That thing is super ghetto. The initial flight is longer, but you'll probably get to your hotel or gate at the same time.
wink.gif

My gouge on the DFW train is that whenver you hit the airport, you're ALREADY LATE. To go from Delta in the E terminal to America West in the B terminal, I've made it in as little as 18 minutes at best and 35 to 40 minutes at other times.

If there's an ice storm in DFW, forget about it.

Oh, and then you have to re-clear security.

That's unbelievable!
shocked.gif

As bad as the ground transportation was at IAD, you could make it from pretty much anywhere in the airport to anywhere else in 10-15 minutes. The exception would be from terminal A to D after 7pm when the lunar rovers stop running. In that case, you'd have to take the lounge from A to C then walk about ten miles (maybe a slight exaggeration) to D. I could be from parking lot to crew room in 20-25 minutes.

CVG is a great airport as far as ground transportation. You can walk almost as quickly as taking the train. The exception is if you are exiled to Comair's terminal C.

CVG is finally getting some food options. The current food options are beyond silly for a major airport.

I've only been in the CMR terminal once and it reminded me of a big Texas cattle auction. Ack!

Dave- have you run into Bob Cahn at ACA/CVG yet? That's one of my homies. I think he's an FO again.

3 names of our BEAUTIFUL Northwest hubs....

Motown (DTW)
Snowtown (MSP)
Notown (MEM)

Minne is usually referred to as Mecca.....
Detroit is referred to as De-toilet
And Memphis is usually Mem-piss or another which I am hesitant to use....:D

hey man, D-town isn't THAT bad anymore! Besides, Northworst just got a new terminal built all for them! its really nice in there
smile.gif
grin.gif
still sucks trying to get luggage though!

[ QUOTE ]
You mean Georgians can drive "gawlf" carts to the local Kroger statewide?

[/ QUOTE ]

We haven't quite integrated the rest of Georgia with our vast golf cart path network but we have plans...oh yes do we have plans..
tongue.gif

On a side note, I'm surprised that PTC hasn't yet declared independence and started printing their own currency...

And Doug you can get your ATL SIDA badge so you can blow kisses to the tsa as you go direct to the gate! That's the only thing i liked about atl.

Doug will be lucky enough not have to get the green ramp badge. His employee ID is all he needs.

You're right the A concourse is real nice. Over in the B(astard) Concourse, we get 1/2 the ammenities. C has no bathrooms or CHAIRS! You can clearly see when NWA / Wayne Co. ran out of money.

Unfortunately I'm still on reserve so I moved up here....

[ QUOTE ]
We haven't quite integrated the rest of Georgia with our vast golf cart path network but we have plans...oh yes do we have plans..

[/ QUOTE ]
GaTechKid - you mean Bobby Jones doesn't consider thos pot-hole-laden-poor-excuse-for-a-surface things as "cart paths"??
grin.gif

Ahhh - Bobby Jones. Skipped many a day of work there during my HotLanta days.....wonder if that had anything to do with why I was "laid off" from my first-ever "real world" job??
blush.gif
wink.gif

Kidding.... kinda.
grin.gif

I'll eat those grits!!!!!

ATL shawty!!!!!!!

How can I be a showty when I gots a boo named Kristie?
smile.gif

LOL. Too funny reading that you're headed to ATL. My girlfriend lives in Peachtree city and has several nurse friends whose husbands are Delta pilots. I'll have to get some names and see if you know them when you switch. Actually, trying to take a few out to dinner to rub elbows and get some career advice, etc.

Yes, its the only place I've ever pulled into Kroger and seen as many golf carts as cars in the parking lot!

But, they don't really know how to talk there. Everyone in ATL is a transplant and has no idea what a southern drawl sounds like, as evidenced by their dazed and confused looks when I try to speak to them!
tongue.gif

Good luck with the switch. Maybe I could buy you dinner one night when you're there a night early for your commute?

Heath

Heath

Which hospital does your girlfriend work at? My mother works at a few hospitals down there...

[ QUOTE ]
How can I be a showty when I gots a boo named Kristie?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Uhh....wtf is a "boo"?

Re: ...But I won\'t say \"ya\'ll\" and WILL NOT eat grits. *DELETED*

Post deleted by Doug Taylor

[ QUOTE ]
Uhh....wtf is a "boo"?

[/ QUOTE ]
In case the question is serious....Here's the translation....
Gots a boo named Kristie = Have a wife/girlfriend with the name Kristie.
wink.gif

Back