...But I won't say "ya'll" and WILL NOT eat grits.

Re: ...But I won\'t say \"ya\'ll\" and WILL NOT eat grits.

Doug what about CVG were really nice folk here...Well except for entire state of Kentucky. It used to be illegal to scrape road kill off the highways and streets and take it back home and cook it up.

But the wonderful Kentuckians sued all the way up to the highest levels to get a new bill drafted where by makin scraping roadkill off the highways and fryin it up ina pan back at home legal. Man you gotta love the backwoods hicks from Kentucky.

Okay not sure if that made you want to move here more or less. But the other side of the river (Cincinnati) is a very modern city and we speak proper english here. And we have avery sizable Delta operation here.

Now I see MD-80's here very often and yes some MD-90's not sure if there is a MD-80/90 pilot base here but if so consider us and just ignore everything across the Ohio river.

Everett

Nah, the last flight from CVG to PHX leaves about 4pm so it's not commuter friendly.

Hmmm...A Northern Kentucky vs. Cincinnati (Is Mason a part of downtown or 20 miles North?) Sounds like an interesting thread of its own for some/any other site but I'm in.

DOUG, YOU SHOULD BID FOR IAD ROUTES. THEN MAYBE I MIGHT MEET YOU SOME TIME IN THE FLESH. SEEMS LIKE A PRETTY EASY TRIP(MINUS GETTING OFF THE GROUND IN ATL)

Oh for cryin' out loud SEAN - CAPS!!!!
grin.gif

Mason OH. is 20-30 mi. north of downtown Cincinnati. Kings Island is in Mason.

Everett

Oh yeah Doug there's nothing wrong with a good bowl of hot grits with butter.....yum yum....

[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS....OOPS
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS....OOPS
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the cheer for the washington capitals i was chanting....i guess something only a dc person would know....hows that for no caps?

Man, Cincinatti smells like ass! I was down there (LUK, actually) this past saturday afternoon with a student on an IFR XC. We decided to walk over to that restaurant to grab some grub, and it smelled like a swamp outside! That Ohio river is disgusting!
shocked.gif

I actually kinda liked grits the one time I tried them in Hotlanta...

I like grits! Grits are yum yum for the tum tum.

Too bad I'm not doing the IAD-GSP commute anymore. I frequently jumpseated on the Mad Dog through Hotlanta going home.

If you don't like grits you can still find good food at ATL. Namely the Chic-fila in the A terminal.

I hear that offline jumpseating is coming back soon. As soon as Air Inc can get the database put together that is. The last I heard was that everything should be working by mid-November.

Actually it's ARINC. They were going to provide the datalink technology.

"Air Inc" is that Kit Darby guy that talks about the airlines hiring five hundred million thousand new airline pilots next week, and his handy book'll tell you how to snatch that job.

The offline jumpseat program was supposed to start in August, but the ATA airlines are delaying the implementation of it citing that it'd cost millions of dineros.

If the offline jumpseat came back, I'd probably head back to DFW, but in the meantime, holey moley, it's killin' me!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
thats the cheer for the washington capitals i was chanting....i guess something only a dc person would know....hows that for no caps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes. The hockey team that makes the Cubs and the Red Sox look like big time winners? Hey, at least the Sox only blew a 3-2 lead in their World Series and the Cubs only blew a 3-1 NLCS lead one time.

The Caps? When they've got you down 3-1 in a seven game series, you've got them exactly where you want them.

[ QUOTE ]
e. I've spent so much time talking smack about ATL pilots over the past three years, that I'm sure I'll bump into one of those Peachtree City-types that didn't take a liking to some of my rants on the Delta ALPA forums!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's the bubble of Delta pilot "utopia" that is Peachtree City and then there's the rest of GA....

[ QUOTE ]
There's the bubble of Delta pilot "utopia" that is Peachtree City and then there's the rest of GA....

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Georgians can drive "gawlf" carts to the local Kroger statewide?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm giving up commuting to DFW to commute to "Unibase Alpha" (ATL).
Oh no, I'm not leaving PHX, just changing my pilot base.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doug, Doug, Doug...I think I'd learn to eat grits. It's still better than learning to say, "yoos guys" in NYC. You see, GA has these strange and wonderful things called T-R-E-E-S. We use them for what you call, S-H-A-D-E. That's where we sit and drink our sweet tea
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
a. Going from a 2 hour commute to work to a 3 1/2 hour flight isn't fun.

[/ QUOTE ]2 hour commute is terrible, 3.5 is masochistic. That means 7.0 hours round trip each time. How many times per month do you work? 4 times/month would be...uh, hang on, gotta take off my shoes for sum math...28 hours/month commuting! (I.e...away from home.) That doesn't even include the extra time for TSA or leaving hours, or a day, early to make sure you get to the hub in time.

Kristie, isn't there something he could do around the house for those 28 hours (14 days/year)?

I did the commute thing for a few years (even ATL), now I drive :30 minutes. That's QOL!

All kidding aside, good luck Doug. I hope it works out well.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was with you on that. Yes our mighty Caps suck!!! Someday though... Peter Bondra will lead them to the cup...Ok I am awake now...

[ QUOTE ]
hang on, gotta take off my shoes for sum math...28 hours/month commuting

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have some weird feet...

Back