Busy International Departments

86BravoPapa

Any insights regarding which 91 flight departments have a decent amount of international flying? Europe, Asia, Central/South America? Thanks!

What location are you looking for? East coast, West coast? Midwest? That’ll help some. I’m pretty out of the loop but if you want heavy international, you’re probably looking at California or New York.

I don't have a dog in this fight like some of the guys here do, but I was in the interview process for a position at Coca-Cola (that I was somewhat under qualified for). A global brand with three Gulfstreams and a British CEO. LOTS of transatlantic flying.

Really just trying to get an idea of flight departments that have a good mix of domestic and international ops.
You’ll find the companies on the West and East coast doing more international ops. With that said, my previous corporate operator was a fairly large management company located in the Mid-West where we operated almost monthly to Europe and the Pacific region.

You’re best bet is to network, ask around and make as many friends as you can. I’ve been out of corporate for 6 years, so I’m sure something’s have changed.

Any insights regarding which 91 flight departments have a decent amount of international flying? Europe, Asia, Central/South America? Thanks!
You looking only for 91 "flight departments" (aka, big corporate)? If Corper or Per, there are lots - some much worse than others. It's just that no one ever hears about them unless she went to band camp where her cousin's sister told her.

Either way, always remember: the bigger the tube, the bigger the suitcase.

What location are you looking for? East coast, West coast? Midwest? That’ll help some. I’m pretty out of the loop but if you want heavy international, you’re probably looking at California or New York.

Currently in the Midwest. I'd be willing to relocate for the right opportunity.

You’ll find the companies on the West and East coast doing more international ops. With that said, my previous corporate operator was a fairly large management company located in the Mid-West where we operated almost monthly to Europe and the Pacific region.

You’re best bet is to network, ask around and make as many friends as you can. I’ve been out of corporate for 6 years, so I’m sure something’s have changed.

East and West coasts make sense. Your previous operator sounds pretty ideal for what I'm looking for regarding the type of flying.

I don't have a dog in this fight like some of the guys here do, but I was in the interview process for a position at Coca-Cola (that I was somewhat under qualified for). A global brand with three Gulfstreams and a British CEO. LOTS of transatlantic flying.

I see postings for Coca-Cola fairly frequently; was always curious about their operation.

You looking only for 91 "flight departments" (aka, big corporate)? If Corper or Per, there are lots - some much worse than others. It's just that no one ever hears about them unless she went to band camp where her cousin's sister told her.

Either way, always remember: the bigger the tube, the bigger the suitcase.

The top 91 departments definitely seem hush-hush.

I see postings for Coca-Cola fairly frequently; was always curious about their operation.
I talked to several of them. It sounds like a decent place to be, but many don't see it as a career gig. They gave a very nice early retirement package at the onset of Covid, and had been waiting quite awhile to build the department back up. My number came up at the current employer, and I stopped paying attention after.

I talked to several of them. It sounds like a decent place to be, but many don't see it as a career gig. They gave a very nice early retirement package at the onset of Covid, and had been waiting quite awhile to build the department back up. My number came up at the current employer, and I stopped paying attention after.

Thanks for the information!

The top 91 departments definitely seem hush-hush.
Yup. It's almost axiomatic that unless the old guy who finally retires is your buddy (or more likely, your Dad's buddy), you'll never have a chance - mostly 'cause you'll never even know about the opening. If they even bother to post the position, by the time they "post" the "opening" for HR liability purposes, the position has already been filled. Your application serves as a storefront in their Potemkin village.

What happens in 91 stays in 91.

Last edited:
No snark intended. Serious question: Is it even possible to be curious about something without being interested in it?
Curious about their fleet and operations. Not interested in pursuing a job at Coca-Cola. Does that clarify?

Also consider medical/pharmaceutical companies. (Abbott Labs / Eli Lilly). Both are midwest based that fly international.

Several years ago I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in Houston (Dispatch Manager). At the time they ran 2 737's (graveled kitted) that operated in Alaska. An E-135 that operated between TX and OK. Finally the Gulfstreams (4 total - I believe G4's and G5's)that flew all over the world. One was in Doha and another in Sydney.

Back