Busy CFI job

Flyinhigh728

Hey everyone,

New CFI here. I’m looking for some options regarding my next step. I’d like to go to a school that is very busy so I can build hours quickly. What are some good schools that I should look into? I am willing to move anywhere if it means flying 80-100 hours a month. Thanks!i

Look into Falcon Avation Academy in Newnan/Peachtree City, GA. Several of us here who instructed there. 80-120 hrs is pretty average. I hear they offer a sign on bonus now too. They also have deals to pay for your CFI-I/MEI.

Look into Falcon Avation Academy in Newnan/Peachtree City, GA. Several of us here who instructed there. 80-120 hrs is pretty average. I hear they offer a sign on bonus now too. They also have deals to pay for your CFI-I/MEI.

$7500 right now. Will pay for CFII and MEI with certain hour commitments.

TransPac...now called Aeroguard

300 days of sunshine, cheap cost of living, fun town with lots to do, and logged 930 hours in 11 months. If getting your time is as fast as you can is the objective, really one of the best places in the country...IMO. Just for flight time. I'd do it again if I had too.

As long as you don't have your MEI

TransPac...now called Aeroguard

300 days of sunshine, cheap cost of living, fun town with lots to do, and logged 930 hours in 11 months. If getting your time is as fast as you can is the objective, really one of the best places in the country...IMO. Just for flight time. I'd do it again if I had too.

As long as you don't have your MEI
Why better to have no MEI?

Why better to have no MEI?
A lot of the multi syllabus has sims built into it. If you stay in IFR, you are time building for commercial. A typical month in instrument was 100-120/hours. Not very many oral lessons or sims (except the beginning) just a lot of flying. Some MEI's I knew were getting 50 hours a month if they were lucky.

At the time we were also really short MEI, so as soon as they finished off their students they just got more Multi students (like my students) from instructors who didn't have their MEI. If regionals are your goal, you only need minimum multi hours to get hired. I offered to do my MEI, if they'd give me a reduced rate to pay for it. They wouldn't. So I didn't bother.

I've heard now they will help pay for your MEI though. Not sure if it's true. @kryan11 can give more up to date details on what it's like, if it's similar to how its always been.

You should check out Lift Academy, here in Indianapolis. They are very busy. New students all the time.

Back