Business Cards

Hubbs

So I am looking to have some business cards, and maybe some fliers made up advertising myself as a freelance CFI, and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for online companies to produce the cards, and also what you might put on said card.

Thanks bunches

Vistaprint.com

Do a google search and the link should take you in with a hefty discount, as opposed to just going there directly and paying full price. I have been very happy with them over the years. A few years back they did some sneaky stuff with recurring charges on credit cards, but I believe they no longer do that. Also, only order half the cards you need, as after you place your order they will then offer you more cards at an even more discounted rate.

I like vista print, go for the upgraded paper, it "feels" much more professional. Oh and don't get the free ones with vistaprint.com on the back, it just screams "cheap".

So I am looking to have some business cards, and maybe some fliers made up advertising myself as a freelance CFI, and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for online companies to produce the cards, and also what you might put on said card.

Thanks bunches

I used a local company here in Minny had had 100 cards for $10. Free delivery....2 sided, multi colored. On the front I had contact info and the obligatory cessna 172. On the back I had a flight plan form. Very handy....

Thanks for the replies.

The mother-in-law sent me a link to vistaprint, it seems their prices are kinda volatile.

I like the flight plan on the back. Handy

I just made some new business cards back in April. I used www.iPrint.com. I liked the fact I was able to make my own design. It came out to about $30 w/shipping for 250 cards. Little more pricey, but I used Vintage Gray business card stock and also raised ink. They came out pretty good and I was happy with their service.

I use Microsoft publisher. But the business card stock from office depot, and you can make some cards that are just as good as almost anything you can buy from a printer

I use Microsoft publisher. But the business card stock from office depot, and you can make some cards that are just as good as almost anything you can buy from a printer

Yeah not true, maybe if you "buy" the free cheap as dirt business cards but still not even that. The business card stock has pre-torn edges not to mention flimsy as a motherless goat. It is worth the few bucks to buy them from a printer, and upgrade the paper while you're there. You can't even compare the quality of the Office Depot cards to a printer, not even in the same galaxy.

Yeah not true, maybe if you "buy" the free cheap as dirt business cards but still not even that. The business card stock has pre-torn edges not to mention flimsy as a motherless goat. It is worth the few bucks to buy them from a printer, and upgrade the paper while you're there. You can't even compare the quality of the Office Depot cards to a printer, not even in the same galaxy.
Yeah not true.

-mini

Hate to pile on, but :yeahthat:

Wheelsup mentioned Moo cards. Highly recommend you look at them. A friend of mine just had some made and they're really cool - he went with a smaller size - not your typical business card-sized card. Unique, eye-catching.

Hate to pile on, but :yeahthat:
That's only true if you have a POS printer and buy the POS cards. You can easily get better than Kinkos quality from a home/business printer and purchased avery cards. Especially the glossy cards.

If you know what you're doing....yeah not true.

-mini

That's only true if you have a POS printer and buy the POS cards. You can easily get better than Kinkos quality from a home/business printer and purchased avery cards. Especially the glossy cards.

If you know what you're doing....yeah not true.

-mini

Even with the best of printers available you can't even touch a professional printers quality and their card stock (I'm not talking Kinkos, although I've never used them). Plus not to mention the Avery stuff is expensive to begin with, why not use a higher quality paper with a printer for the same cost? Oh and you don't have to pay for ink either.

Even with the best of printers available you can't even touch a professional printers quality and their card stock (I'm not talking Kinkos, although I've never used them). Plus not to mention the Avery stuff is expensive to begin with, why not use a higher quality paper with a printer for the same cost? Oh and you don't have to pay for ink either.

Not to mention the time to cut or separate the cards. Just doesn't make much sense when their are so many inexpensive professional printers out there.

Back