Brushing up on that "instrument" knowledge

BoDEAN

Brushing up on that \"instrument\" knowledge

Today is a bad weather day, and all my primary students canceled at that airport. I need to start going over my cfii material again. I feel my skills as an instrument pilot are ok, but the knowledge/book smarts have gone down the drain a little.

Any recommendations on what I could read/go over to help better prepare me for my cfii ride and to just brush up on my basic ifr information (ie. components of an ils, vors, etc)?

Re: Brushing up on that \"instrument\" knowledge

If you can find a copy of "IFR Refresher" magazine read it. It's a lot like "Aviation Safety" but it's focused on IFR. lots of good info and they usually throw in a little quiz at the end of each publication. Kind of an expensive subscription but worth it I think.

Of course it's more "real-world" than checkride oriented but still a lot of invaluable info.

[ QUOTE ]
If you can find a copy of "IFR Refresher" magazine read it. It's a lot like "Aviation Safety" but it's focused on IFR. lots of good info and they usually throw in a little quiz at the end of each publication. Kind of an expensive subscription but worth it I think.

Of course it's more "real-world" than checkride oriented but still a lot of invaluable info.

[/ QUOTE ]
"IFR" by the same publisher is very good also. Again, lots of "real world", practical type stuff.
Go here.

I use to receive both, but they got very expensive
crazy.gif

Bug,

If you're looking to brush up on IFR stuff for your CFII checkride, read up on the FAA's Instrument Flying Handbook and the AIM.

Good luck bro

Surf

Back