Brrrrr

I really do not know much about cars lol.

All I got from this is that I need to get a different type of oil.

You want to know what I hate?

Rushing from Bek to Witmer every day in this cold. It takes me like 10 minutes every day to walk over there.

What sucks even more is when I have to go to Witmer for Math, and then go to Odegard, then back to Witmer for physics with only 10 minutes allowed between classes. Hows that suppose to work?

Look up what kind of oil to use in your manual. Don't just throw some thin stuff in there. You'll burn it all up if it's too thin for your engine. If that speed 6 in your avatar is yours(if it is, shame on you for getting it stuck in sand :D ) they I bet you could run 10w15. Again, look this up.

As far as the battery goes, I bet you're only getting 400 cranking amps(the amount of power you can get to the starter and plugs) if you were having trouble this morning. It was only around 0. My car doesn't complain until it gets around -40. The main reason for a car to not start is because the spark is insufficiant to ignite the fuel due to not enough power coming from the battery. I'd just run up to batteries plus on columbia and have them test it and give you a better battery if you're not getting at least 800-900 at room temp, or 700ish at 0 if they test it outside on a day like today.

The traveling between opposite ends of the campus sucks. I did that all summer between odegard and witmer. Summer is a little easier though. No ice to randomly slip on while speed walking like an old lady. :)

Wow.....I just got back from Martini Blue at Suite 49...

At 1:40am it is currently -15 with a -41 windchill, according to weather.com... ouch!!!!! ####ing cold.

Crap, I had a fun time with my car this morning. I got it started up with some mild effort. However the ignition switch was really stiff and I couldn't feel where the stops were. Out of fear of having the starter engage with the engine running, I moved it back expecting to find the stop for the ignition. I didn't and shut the car off. Oh I bet it just LOVED that! Starting up at -15 and then getting shut back off after running for 4 seconds. :D

Well, my car likes to flood when you do this, so I had no luck starting it again. Out of rage I yanked the hood release kind of hard and broke it off. :insane: Now I have to open my hood with a hammer. :D

Well, my car likes to flood when you do this, so I had no luck starting it again. Out of rage I yanked the hood release kind of hard and broke it off. :insane: Now I have to open my hood with a hammer. :D

Would you like a set of bungee cords? :D :D :D :D :D

HAHA!! Nah, just the lever is broken. The cable is still sticking out from the dash. I have to pray on it with the claw end of a hammer. lol

I got it started a little bit ago no problem. This time without shutting it off. :rolleyes: I'm gona go through and check the sensors. 115k miles with original sensors is probably not good in some areas of the engine. I don't think it should be flooding that bad like that. Although, I don't know of many cars that wouldn't complain if you shut them off right after start up cold and tried to start them again. To help warm them up, all engines inject more fuel than needed regardless if it's even close to being the correct mixture or not.

My car didn't hesitate once this morning. However, after the no fly restriction was lifted, the airplane struggled just a bit ;)

Yeah, my car was doing that too. Was it just wining really loud and barely working? A few quick turns to full lock usually fixes that with my car. Do that while rolling though, ball joints don't like that.

it doesnt whine, but it definitely slips when at a stop and trying to turn the wheels. (having 17s doesnt help this. stock rims were skinny 14s!!) i try to at least be moving a little bit before trying to turn if its not warmed up yet. i can just visualize a high pressure line blowing up. :(

The Oldsmobile definitely took a while to start today! For the last second I was a little worried I wouldn't make it to my stage check on time, but the old clunker started.

Ok, it's f c ing cold outside. You can't do anything. This place is uninhabitable. Just for that, I hope UND loses the game tonight. This weather is such an inconvenience. I'll be pissed if they win.

Ok, it's f c ing cold outside. You can't do anything. This place is uninhabitable. Just for that, I hope UND loses the game tonight.

Yeeeaaaaaaaaah!!!!!! go sioux!!!! beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer........pabst blue ribbon.......yeah let's get drunk on keystone...then go ride our snowmobiles...yyyyeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh.......tits!!!!!!!111

Yeeeaaaaaaaaah!!!!!! go sioux!!!! beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer........pabst blue ribbon.......yeah let's get drunk on keystone...then go ride our snowmobiles...yyyyeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh.......tits!!!!!!!111
don't diss snowmobiling. here it sucks but go to the mountains and you will understand

don't diss snowmobiling. here it sucks but go to the mountains and you will understand

I went snowmobiling a few times as a kid... snowmobiles everywhere in CA (Sierra Nevada mountains)... THAT is fun. I even rode on the miniature SkiDoos made for kids (neighbors had two of them).

mine didn't either, and it is 9 years old with 115K on it ;)

oil pump was complaining loudly though for about 30 seconds

Mine was perfectly fine until I shut it off accidently after running for like 4 seconds. After that it was fuxxorrd.

Back