Browntown

Well now I REALLY want to fly with you. Which bank do we knock over first, El Capitan?

:p

Did you get a class date yet? They give you any idea which fleet/domicile to expect. Looks like this could be a big hiring year for us. Based on your previous posts over the years you’ll fit right in around here.;)

:p

Did you get a class date yet? They give you any idea which fleet/domicile to expect.

Next Monday. It seems that the PRIA paperwork from I'll-give-you-all-one-guess-which-previous-employer (begins with a "D", ends with a "t", and has an "umon" in the middle) didn't get processed in a timely manner, so it was like five days from FJO to class. I'm in the "heavy" class, it seems, so it's either MD SDF (yes please) or 74 ANC (ouch).

You do know you can’t wear the brown short shorts right?

I can wear whatever I want...underneath.

Next Monday. It seems that the PRIA paperwork from I'll-give-you-all-one-guess-which-previous-employer (begins with a "D", ends with a "t", and has an "umon" in the middle) didn't get processed in a timely manner, so it was like five days from FJO to class. I'm in the "heavy" class, it seems, so it's either MD SDF (yes please) or 74 ANC (ouch).

Ok. If you have previous MD time that means they’ll definitely put you on the whale and visa versa. I’m not kidding! We’ve had many ex-Atlas folks come here with a boat load of 767 time and they get assigned the Airbus.:rolleyes: We‘ve also had folks with 747 time end up on the MD. And you guessed it, previous MD folks get the whale. Mind boggling and no rhyme or reason.

Unfortunately, if you get the whale then ANC is probably in your immediate future. SDF goes senior.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard!

Thank you sir. I'm not QUITE older than dirt, but I think I'm *slightly* older (like a year or two) than the average newhire these days, so I'm crossing my palsied, arthritic phillangees that there will be a bunch of MD slots and a bunch of RJ-infants in the class. As you point out, though, what will probably happen is everyone else is 64 and 9/10ths and lives on Grade Ln., so I get to catch up on my beauty sleep on my way up to the tundra to fly the Whale. Whatever, I can do 18 months standing on my head. In the snow. In Alaska. :/

I like the scenario where we rob banks better, though! :D

Decent!

WHERE'S YOUR VEST

The last time I was on the UPS ramp (in an airplane), I really stuck it to The Man by not being even slightly reflective. Of course it was 2007 and I was in a Mitsi, they probably figured I was more of a hazard to them than they were to me. "Screw the vest, just get that thing off my ramp."

Back