Brodie System

yup, our space program pretty much pussed out, along with a lot of other innovation in this country.

How did they puss out? First of all, their budget is cock blocked more times than WacoFan at a gay bar.

Secondly, go see all the probes and recon we have going on for different planets, asteroids, comets, and the sun. We have two probes on their way out of our solar system.

We haven't sent men anywhere else because it's just too damn long. Most here can't be cooped up with someone for 12 hours let alone 12 months.

NASA has made a crapton of progress and understanding of our solar system and universe. What would a manned mission accomplish that an unmanned couldn't? I would like to see some manned missions (just because it's cool as hell) but they need to figure out the time issue.

Really, how the hell do we shut down the space shuttle and not have a viable replacement? We now rely on foreign countries to put our guys is space....NASA needs to be a priority and not a back burner item...

We should have gone back to the moon as well.

What for? Unless we've got a technique for mining He-3 (or whatever they believe the moon has a ton of) and a reason for needing it, there's not a lot of reason to be there right now.

Why? We've already been. NASA is one of the few government agencies that seems to be working. For the cost of ~6 useless, hangar-queen F-22s, they put a probe the size of a small car on (*#$(#*$ing MARS, complete with LASERS and SOIL ANALYSI...LASERS!

There was no earth shattering kaboom. There should have been an earth shattering kaboom.

wwilkes_10898_zps4f17b0dd.jpg

What for? Unless we've got a technique for mining He-3 (or whatever they believe the moon has a ton of) and a reason for needing it, there's not a lot of reason to be there right now.

And, I'm sure somebody told Columbus, Francis Drake, Cook, Magellan, and the others something similar. You go because it's there!

And, I'm sure somebody told Columbus, Francis Drake, Cook, Magellan, and the others something similar. You go because it's there!
Be Rich beat me to it.

If we're talking Mars or some other worthwhile frontier, I'm all for it.

It is actually an excellent potential stepping off point for other manned missions (as in, future Mars colonization), based on the difference in gravity there.

It is actually an excellent potential stepping off point for other manned missions (as in, future Mars colonization), based on the difference in gravity there.

Interesting idea. I always figured we'd step off from orbit. Hell of a lot cheaper to get mass into earth orbit than lunar. I suppose if you needed the La Grange point for something it might make sense, but I dunno.

Back