Breeze Airways

Interesting, I'm honestly surprised you can even make 5 figures delivering for DoorDash. I've heard they're mostly a scam and treat their drivers like dirt, issues with credit card "tips" not actually going to the driver, etc. Any idea how many hours a week those making $36,000/ year deliver? I assume it must be a lot.

It's busy enough that people working 8ish hours in the Bay Area usually make $200+/day and that money you get tax free until next year when they're all due at once. But you have to learn which restaurants lie about food being ready and waste your time, which places to avoid because it takes forever to get around, ect. Just like Uber, people say you need to be in a major city like San Francisco, Seattle, Vegas, ect and not the suburbs or lower income areas. I haven't done it, but many people I know are doing it and like it a lot.

Breeze now recruiting Aussies on E3 visas:

Scuttlebutt is that Breeze is currently interviewing Australians.

And speaking of hiring Australians, here's a new ad for them. I'm assuming it's GlobalX but don't know for sure:

"Latest update: Our client is now welcoming Australian Pilots, that eligible for E3 Visa to Apply"

What's this crap? Simple question, can I apply as a US citizen to Qantas and get the job + right to live/work in Australia?

No? Then the reciprocal shouldn't happen either.

What's this crap? Simple question, can I apply as a US citizen to Qantas and get the job + right to live/work in Australia?

Ok. But in that case your parents probably wouldn't have been able to emigrate over here either.

And besides, are you a big proponent of keeping the government out of private enterprise? Supply and demand capitalism.

Ok. But in that case your parents probably wouldn't have been able to emigrate over here either.

And besides, are you a big proponent of keeping the government out of private enterprise? Supply and demand capitalism.

Difference is we came in the “brain drain” from other countries, as a doctor - timeframe 70s, 80s, 90s. This is when there was a shortage of docs in many places, especially rural ones. They would then sponsor the family and could get a green card that way.

Pilot shortage? I don’t see it yet. Breeze should have no problems recruiting US pilots. They should increase their pay and benefits (like SY did) to recruit talent.

Why would I need to? I’m not the point in my career to leave a major captain rate and start over. Don’t be disingenuous because it’s not the same thing.

So stop stressin'. They're coming to the US legally, which has been something that you've stressed so much with your anti Biden immigration stance as of late. Now you have foreigners coming over here legally and you're losing your sh-. Make up your mind.

Actually, there is an immigration pathway for pilots to Australia. I know a bunch of South Africans and Zimbabweans that did it in the early 2000s. I actually looked at it as a way of getting another passport. Had to be age 39 or less and get your Australia Comm-Inst-Multi and pay AUD 50,000 to bump up the points enough to qualify, but it was definitily possible.

As for getting on at Qantas, that is another matter entirely. Rex maybe, but Qantas would be a stretch.

So stop stressin'. They're coming to the US legally, which has been something that you've stressed so much with your anti Biden immigration stance as of late. Now you have foreigners coming over here legally and you're losing your sh-. Make up your mind.

That’s called a stretch. Keep the Biden politics out.

That's interesting, E-3 visas are specifically for Australians only.

The E3 visa was created in 2005, ostensibly as a result of Aus-US free trade agreement, but it’s not actually party of the agreement.

Word is that it was essentially payback for Australia showing up to every war we’ve invited them to. AUS doesn’t not have an equivalent visa that It is reciprocal for US Citizens.

Back