Box 'o Books

anavalairman2

Hi guys and gals, It certainly has been a while since I've "threaded" but I would like to announce that I have a start date on Aug 4th at Richmond. Very exited.

Now, that aside, I got that lovely box of books and when I opened the box, I saw a few books a ball cap and a flight bag. When I picked up the flight bag, it about broke my arm! Anyway, as a 27 year old that graduated from school 9 years ago and have been working since, their is alot of stuff that is very unfamiliar which has produced a few questions. By the way, I put the ball cap on and my wife said "Now you are one of the ATP guys", it made me smile and think about the blood suckers at sallie mae :drool:Aside the thought of sallie mae, It dawned on me that my dream is now becoming reality...reality anyone? It's a really neat feeling completing goals that are a part of your dream.

Anywho, for studying for my ppl and getting all of the writtens done before my first day that begins at 0800, how should I got about it? I've seen that some people just study the questions that are in the bank or some that follow the syllabus. I personally think the best way is to follow the syllabus since it guides you but, if their alot of information that is not going to be asked on the writtens, i'm not sure I would follow it. On the other hand, questions are questions and if they are coming from the bank, it's going to be asked but I don't want to sell myself short, you know?

So, for those that have completed the ppl at ATP, your feedback is very important to me.

Thanks and for those going to Richmond in Aug, see you soon!!

Read a chapter from gleim, answer the questions. Read a chapter from gleim, answer the questions. Wash, rinse, repeat.

-Rob

V1, I noticed you are from Woodbridge...I'm from Clifton. Are you familiar with Fairfax County? I actually got out of the Navy on 30 May so I am back here prepairing for school. We should meet up and grab a bite and talk about flying if you you don't mind a 27 year old punk! j/k, not a punk. PM me!

ok so I got a bunch of study material but nothing that is refered to as the Gleim. All of my ppl study material is Jeppesen if that has any relation.

Studying for the writtens, NEVER EVER look at the wrong answers. This means never taking a practice test either. It works. Your brain will recognize the right answer if it never sees the wrong answer. You want to fully understand the questions? Well Understand why the correct answer is correct, NOT why the wrong answer is not correct.

Studying for the writtens, NEVER EVER look at the wrong answers. This means never taking a practice test either. It works. Your brain will recognize the right answer if it never sees the wrong answer. You want to fully understand the questions? Well Understand why the correct answer is correct, NOT why the wrong answer is not correct.

I agree 100% with this, you will confuse the hell out of yourself if you read all of the WRONG answers.

Back