Boutique doing Boutique things

The right response in the interview is this: “I was an SIC at BootyCare, when the FAA ended their SIC program we all got laid off.”

I moved on to a different 135 a year ago, but advice taken. State the facts, don't make a call the FAA hasn't actually made yet themselves.

We had an ex-Boutique FO fly one of our Caravans into the approach lights at BWI a year and a half ago or so.

I currently hold a record of doing that on 0% of my flights. but never say never

I moved on to a different 135 a year ago, but advice taken. State the facts, don't make a call the FAA hasn't actually made yet themselves.

I currently hold a record of doing that on 0% of my flights. but never say never

a year ago? I’m confused, I thought this just happened.

Didn't the letter basically say if you got a new rating with the flight hours that they would be protected? So if you got your ME ATP at a regional before any actual enforcement comes you're good to go?

He worked there a year ago, moved on, but is now interviewing at regionals with some flight time in his logbook which he is concerned will go poof.

Correct.

Didn't the letter basically say if you got a new rating with the flight hours that they would be protected? So if you got your ME ATP at a regional before any actual enforcement comes you're good to go?

As the letter from the CEO reads, yeah. The FAA has yet to notify any pilots, at least to my knowledge. We're all just getting this thirdhand. Gives credence to the opinion that there's not much to do or say until somebody higher up takes action.

Why be worried about a regional interview? They are waaaaaaaay desperate.

"So you're concerned about your Botique flight time?"

"Yes, just with how everything went down with the FAA and ending the SIC program."

"You were seated in the right seat of the aircraft and flew legs, yes?"

"Yes Sir, I did."

"Did you have a pulse when you did your flights?"

"Um, yes sir."

"You're hired."

"Yes, just with how everything went down with the FAA and ending the SIC program."

"Yes Sir, I did."

"Um, yes sir."

"You're hired."
Yup. It’s almost like minimum pay requires minimum qualifications. Good thing passengers didn’t buy tickets from a name-brand airline. Oh wait…
This rant about B-scale brought to you by scotchy scotch scotch.

"Yes Sir, I did."

"Um, yes sir."

"You're hired."

Obviously that's not the case, of them being waaaaay desperate, as it sounds from the first post that he didn't get the green light.

Obviously that's not the case, of them being waaaaay desperate, as it sounds from the first post that he didn't get the green light.

It probably had more to do with the spotlight put on the issue and emotions more than anything. Right after I was furloughed I had a couple of interviews in quick secession... the first one 2 days after the actual furlough. Blew them both. Spectacularly. The first one (for sure) because I was in shock still from the furlough. (Drove my car to the interview with all my crashpad/apartment stuff piled in it and was starting my drive back to Cali right after.) I joke about the interview experience with people now... but at the time my head was not in 'interview mode' it was in 'just got furloughed 36 hours ago mode.' I don't think that we are completely down to the temp. check stage again for hiring at regionals, I'm hoping the OP will be able to bounce back from this.

Back