Boston Area?

flysfm

Hi everyone. I have been a lurker for about four years now. This website has been a tremendous resource for me, and I thank you all for that. I started flying when I was about 17 (now 27) with the goal of flying for the airlines. I decided shortly after my private that a career in flying was not for me, but still want aviation to be a part of my life.

I was wondering if there is anyone in the Boston area that wants to split rental costs. It seems foolish to fly myself around when I know there are others who want to do the same. Why not save some money?

Well I like and work up in North Dakota now, but I head home to Reading a few times a year. What aircraft and how much are you looking? I might be able to help you out once or twice a year if you're interested. (yes I do stay current, I flight instruct full time).

Looking at the screen name id say Sanford Maine but the location says Boston so not entirely sure. Like most of us up here from the Northeast we usually just say the name of the nearest city within 60 miles because if you ask someone to name a bunch of cities in the New England states you will probably end up with Boston and...Boston.

FlySFM. I know there is a good amount of people on this site that fly out of MA and one who flies out of BGM. I no longer pay to fly GA because 1. I own my own plane now and 2. I would have heart failure paying 130.00 for an hour in a 172. There should be some interest out there though. I also suggest pilotssharetheride.com. Google it because I probably spelled it wrong but you will find what you are looking for there.

I can get you in touch with the Harvard aviation club - they are always looking to split time. Often 3 or 4 ways.

I also suggest pilotssharetheride.com.

Cool, looks like a pretty useful site. Might come in useful once the IR is finished for time building (couple of weeks hopefully)....as for the original post, I might be interested in 3/4 weeks time but busy up to then (as long as location is reasonable to Boston, if SFM is the case that's a bit of a stretch)

Good to hear you are almost done with the IR UN. Pretty soon here im going to stop being lazy and shoot you an email or give you a call.

Thanks for the responses. Sorry for the confusion my name id has caused. I am infact in the city of Boston. Unclenobby, where do you fly out of?

Back