Bose vs. Lightspeed

The Lightspeed customer service is excellent as well, but the longevity of the Bose is legendary.

I'm going to assume you're talking about the company and not the headset. The Bose X I used to use was as durable as a piece of balsa wood. I didn't think it was worth the money and I got it free. Way too many trips back to Bose for issues with the sound and ANR, to include the headset actually delivering a small shock my ear on several occasions. I switched to the Lightspeed Mach 1 about 2 yrs ago and will never go back.

I'm going to assume you're talking about the company and not the headset. The Bose X I used to use was as durable as a piece of balsa wood. I didn't think it was worth the money and I got it free. Way too many trips back to Bose for issues with the sound and ANR, to include the headset actually delivering a small shock my ear on several occasions. I switched to the Lightspeed Mach 1 about 2 yrs ago and will never go back.

I thought the Mach 1 was terrible, atleast with the stock earpieces. Wouldnt stay put and the mic moved everywhere esp. in turbulence. Probably way better with the custom ear mold tho....

Fair enough. From my personal experience, every person I know that has the Bose (at least a dozen people) I'm the only one who has had an issue with them. As far as the lightspeeds go, at least half the people I know with them (again about a dozen people, and not all of them have the Zulu's) have had some sort of issue, anything from structural faults (the yolks seem to be the most common problem areas) to electronic ones.

Older versions of Bose aviation headsets not withstanding, the Aviation X has been remarkably durable, at least for everybody that I know.

Has anyone had any issues with the zulus and a cellphone? When a call would come through and i didnt put the phone on airplane mode it would make the speaker in the closet ear vibrate to a painful level.

Back