Bose Proflight2 - worth it?

Are any of those really an upgrade from the Zulu 3? I’ve had one almost the whole time I’ve been flying the flight levels and everything about it has been rock solid.

Are any of those really an upgrade from the Zulu 3? I’ve had one almost the whole time I’ve been flying the flight levels and everything about it has been rock solid.

Just that I'd like something a little lighter, less clampy, and let me wear eyeglasses and still get ANR. I think the Proflight is the only earbud set that does ANR.

And, in all honesty, I'm a gadget-head, so rationalizing a reason to buy another headset isn't that hard. :)

I've got a couple of the Sennheiser HMEC 46 ANC headphones that I like and have been using in the Lears for years (also used the HMEC 45 prior). I'm cutting back on the flying and would be willing to send you one to try if you're interested. Very light weight, on-the-ear style with noise cancellation. Works good in quiet-ish jets. 15 dB of noise reduction is their claim.

They're discontinued and the used market for them is soft, so I'd let them go for a song if you decided you wanted to keep them. At the very least it'd give you an opportunity to try something on the lighter side of the ANC headset range.

View attachment 67158

View attachment 67159

I've used these for years in both turboprops and jets. Having ANR is a game changer. Only problem I've had is in a handful of our 320's the ANR doesn't work; otherwise I've been very pleased with them, FWIW.. Not sure what the problem is with those few jets.

I have the Proflight 2s and love them. I use them in the Airbus now but plan on using them in the 737 as well.

The earbuds started bugging me so I ordered custom molded ear pieces that arrive this weekend actually.

Where did you get the custom molds from?

I really like mine. Comfy works good. Easy to hear stuff. The rechargeable AA batteries from Amazon are quite rad too. You get 4 and a USB that can charge all 4 at once. I can use the noise cancelling for about 10 hours on one set of two swap them and charge the depleted batteries in the hotel. Super rad and no more throwing away batteries or buying them. At least for now.

Back