Bonanza syllabus

I have a bunch of V-35 stuff but it is too large to post. Email me and I will send it. I will also try to make a page on my website with the stuff.
Edit- found my ABS syllabus. It is small enough.

Attachments

• ABS%20ASF%20GIPC%20IO520%20IO550.pdf
    378.2 KB · Views: 170
No problem. A couple words of advise.
I do not do touch and goes in Bonanzas. Period. Too many differences between models as far as gear/flap location. I have had two owners reach for the wrong handle/button (in the older "piano key" model).
Spiral instability demo is... interesting... the first time you do it with someone.

Don't quite lock your door.

It happens just often enough and there have been cases of pilots not flying when it happens to make it worth surprising your student on the takeoff roll.

The other Bo-sepcific one I can think of offhand is to manually drop the gear once, just so the pilot can learn what it takes.

Mark has a good point about the manual gear extension. I think I sent you a copy of the manual gear extension article. You need to be careful about ensuring the manual gear extension handle is locked during your preflight, and ensure there is nothing blocking it. I know of cases where the handle was not locked and the handle jammed against something like a flight bag when the gear was cycled preventing a gear extension or retraction. This can mess up the gear motor and it requires an inspection if it happens.

Don't quite lock your door.

It happens just often enough and there have been cases of pilots not flying when it happens to make it worth surprising your student on the takeoff roll.

Or 20 minutes into the flight... Like happened to someone I know...

Fuel management in the early models with the AUX tank systems. Go arounds, high DA go arounds... If they are coming out of at C172/182 or similar, descent planning. There is also a BIG difference in the gear cycle speeds between the 12 & 24v models. Keep in mind that when those inside gear doors open they create a lot of drag.

True, but the time I've most commonly seen it happen is just about the time of rotation - much more disconcerting to the pilot.

Oh I know. And you're correct that that's the time to do it. Doesn't mean you don't have a moment of surprise when it happens in cruise.

We used a V-35 for complex training for commercial and CFI applicants. It was always interesting to see the first reaction of these pilots to the glide ratio of the V-35 compared to the airplanes they were use to flying. We would often have instructors and pilots stop what they were doing and congregate to the "vulture nest" when I did 180 power off landings for the first time with people.

Back