Bomb Interview

Sonic_Cat

I went to a major airline interview yesterday. Took me whole day to finish all their tests (aptitude, personality, math, technical, group discussion, panel interview).

I think I only did good on the technical, aptitude, personality, and interview. For the rest,I think I "bomb it".

I don't think they're going to get me in. Sigh! Sigh! Sigh!
Sorry guys, just want to spill out my pain.
Sorry if I post this message in the wrong section.
Just want to get some support. Sigh! Sigh!

Poor Sonic Cat

I'm sure you did fine, but if it makes you feel any better, at least you're getting interviews with a major airline! Good luck with all of that!

[ QUOTE ]
I have 0 fly time, and about to make my biggest decision to go across the ocean to learn fly. I am pretty sure FSI is the place I want to go (even I haven't tour any flight schools yet, but I've read all the posts about FSI and other schools, I just trust you all people and follow my instinct).

[/ QUOTE ]

you must be trying for a sponsorship right? what country are you from?

I bombed my Horizon interview a couple of weeks back, I was actually the first one sent home. Somewhat humbling yet a relief that I didn't have to choose.

Worst case, you have a learning experience to grow from for the next interview.

And to make you feel better, based on your feedback, it looks like you only feel you did poorly on two parts: math and group discussion.

For the first one, that's why they invented calculators.

As far as the group discussion, well, you've come to the right place. Jump in on any of the topics and start discussing away!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Montana..Are you making stuff up again? Where did that quote come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

just did a little digging into his previous posts thats all

I'm hoping that my first airline interview isn't the one I really want to fly for. Would much rather have a warm up interview somewhere else.

That's actually a pretty good idea in some weird ways.

I got pretty lucky because I got both airline jobs I interviewed for. Although I had to admit that initially, I treated my first Delta interview as a practice for my UAL interview until I learned a lot more about the company.

Thank you people!

I might just have to take it as an interview experience.

Now I have to "self-sponsor" myself in order to pursit my dream to become an airline pilot.

I know the approximate figure ($) from 0 time to 250hrs. How about those type ratings? Ex. 747-400, A340/300?
Do I need to consider these budgets?

Sigh! Tight budget! Sigh!

Poor Sonic Cat

Sonic Cat,

I wouldn't go after type ratings unless you are trying to get into contract flying, such as IASCO, JAL, etc. They usually look for those widebody type ratings, as well as experience in tose aircraft.

Also, if it's SW you're after, that's the other exception, since they require it nowadays to interview.

I wish you the best of luck. Don't sweat that interview... if it's not meant to be, you just lucked out.

I got turned down my World Airways and Continental. Was really demoralized when I got rejected by CO cause both interviews went well.

I got turned down by Horizon, twice....about two years apart. Also got turned down by Henson. Got hired at West Air but turned them down for UPS...hehe....

Here's my full interview history:

1991: Interviewed for a temp firm during summer break while in college because I was a "10-key Jedi" and typed at an ungodly swift WPM. But they never called. I guess I wasn't "pretty enough" for data entry!

1993: I kind of walked into the short term King Air job after college because I knew the chief pilot. But it didn't last too long.

1993: Interviewed for American Flyers out at SJC and they wanted me to work unpaid as a ground instructor. (still trying to figure that one out). But then they called me for an open CFI position two years later.

1994: Interviewed for Sierra Academy as part of their Korean Air program, tested well and lived right down the street from LVK. No call back.

1994: Interviewed and hired at Wings Over California. Went in, asked to speak to the chief pilot and this kid was asking me all sorts of questions. Turns out that HE was the owner & chief pilot and hired me on the spot.

1995: Got a call to come out and test for Comair Airlines, but it turned out I had to pay like $300 for testing and then something like $12,000 to pay for my own training in a Metroliner or something, no thanks!

1996: Interviewed and hired at Skyway Airlines

1997: Interviewed and hired at Delta Air Lines but didn't start class until January 1998.

1998: Got an invite to an interview at United Airlines but decided not to 'jump ship' like some of my counterparts.

[ QUOTE ]
I bombed my Horizon interview a couple of weeks back, I was actually the first one sent home. Somewhat humbling yet a relief that I didn't have to choose.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of hours is Horizon looking for? Alaska/Horizon are two that are on my "list"...

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my full interview history:

1995: Got a call to come out and test for Comair Airlines, but it turned out I had to pay like $300 for testing and then something like $12,000 to pay for my own training in a Metroliner or something, no thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent move.

[ QUOTE ]

1998: Got an invite to an interview at United Airlines but decided not to 'jump ship' like some of my counterparts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Back