Boeing 737 Sim Interview

I wouldn't worry about that.

99% of your sim work is going to be to fly an Approach, maybe hold and maybe the transition from approach to a missed.
ASA/XJT put all this information up on the board (airspeed, EPR, flaps/gear, pitch attitude, etc.) before hopping into the 737-200 FTD. I actually enjoyed the FTD portion of that interview.

back in 99 i rented a full motion DC 8 sim for my job for 2 hours, was a good investment, only thing i would do different, select the non motion option, you don't need it and it is cheaper, all you want is to get used to the handling characteristics of the sim,
michael

back in 99 i rented a full motion DC 8 sim for my job for 2 hours, was a good investment, only thing i would do different, select the non motion option, you don't need it and it is cheaper, all you want is to get used to the handling characteristics of the sim,
michael

Who's 8 sim did you use and for what airline where you interviewing with?

The corporate company uses a simulator from an Airline. Only available time for us to use it is midnight :) Should be an interesting interview

The corporate company uses a simulator from an Airline. Only available time for us to use it is midnight :) Should be an interesting interview

Wow, seems like they would just invest in their own FTD. It wouldn't take renting many SIM blocks before it would pay for itself. Hope your interview went well!

When I worked at FSI's location on the ERAU campus (shortly after it was built), I spent more than a few hours in the 737 sim there. Total blast. Ignoring all of the systems and approximately 3,176,437 switches, knobs, buttons, and wing-dings, it was actually super easy to fly. Really stable, and not a whole lot harder than a Cessna. As has been mentioned... it's still an airplane. Wing, engines, flight controls... not a big deal. (Well, that is, until your buddy fails the hydraulics and gives you an engine fire on final... jerk...)

Just finished the sim session. Take off and landing, then engine failure before V1, engine failure after takeoff, then a 30 kt crosswind takeoff and landing. I think I did alright and the captain said It was acceptable.

Just finished the sim session. Take off and landing, then engine failure before V1, engine failure after takeoff, then a 30 kt crosswind takeoff and landing. I think I did alright and the captain said It was acceptable.
Interesting they did all that without any training in the aircraft. I think all they needed to see is that you didn't go mowing a lawn or rolling it over.

Interesting they did all that without any training in the aircraft. I think all they needed to see is that you didn't go mowing a lawn or rolling it over.
The first V1 cut I ever did was cold, at about 200 hours, in a 737-200 simulator. Dad: "Here. Hop in. We're going to try a few things." :eek:

(My second effort was much better.)

That strikes me as excessive in an airplane you're not trained in, but glad it went well for you.

Back