Want to Buy Boeing 727 Training

I think there was one on eBay from essco aircraft a while back. Might still be available.

Furqan,

I take it you have a 727 job on the hook so you want to bone up on the airplane before school ? Someone is hiring guys without 727 time after Champion dumped all those 727 crews on the market ?

The very few 727 jobs I see come down the pike (all overseas) want "typed and current".

If you've got an "in" for a 727 job, enjoy yourself in one of the truly great airplanes.

You are right, my employer finally decided to put me on 727 right seat. but i only have 200 hours basic commercial instrument SEL. I need to catch up in a very short duration. Do you know anyone interested with or without type rating, willing to go overseas. I can introduce and have some influence in hiring.

You are right, my employer finally decided to put me on 727 right seat. but i only have 200 hours basic commercial instrument SEL. I need to catch up in a very short duration.

Congratulations on such an opportunity. It's a big boost to your career.

Isn't your employer going to send you to a 727 school before sending you out to fly ? At least to one of the rating mills in MIA ?

:D
YES, it is boeing 727-200. How about a little introduction?
Its a cargo operations Pakistan to Dubai

I need to catch up in a very short duration.

Depending on your time available, your ability to "catch up" will be fairly difficult beyond a basic overview of the systems and a couple of flight profiles which may be a bit of a mystery to a pilot with limited experience unless you have an instructor to answer your questions.

There must be a 727 website someplace that has some basic systems information. The 727 isn't the most complicated airplane in the world nor is it the most simple. I flew all three seats in it, loving every minute.

If you don't mind my asking, and without expecting you to give confidential information, how did you land such a good position with limited total experience ? The world is full of people with substantial 727 experience and in this market downturn, finding them would not seem to be a problem.

Maybe if you could talk in general terms, some of the younger members of the forum would be interested to see how such a deal could come about and benefit from your experience/knowledge.

In any event, best of luck to you. :)

I'm in the B727 training business and I have been deluged by calls regarding the operation in Karachi and in the Congo. The carriers are not paying for any training. They want current and qualified personnel. The problem is the money is not good and Karachi and the Congo are war zones. So the only applicants I see are those with only a commercial pilots license with no jet experience. I'm not comfortable with the experience level of those pilots going over there.

Hi bafanguy
partial answer to your question is been covered by coair. I have good, close terms with the employer, i worked with them for 2 years and offered hard work and loyalties.

Coair, do you mind sharing your company? I myself contacted few of the training providers. Would you like to furnish a quote?

I am not going to lie, putting a 200 hour pilot in the right seat of 727 scares the heck out of me. I hope like heck they put you through a high quality coarse. The 727 is not a forgiving aircraft.

May I inquire what the compensations is?

Don't get low and slow with the engines unspooled. They have a several second spool time.

A good site for the 727 generic info is www.boeing-727.com Becareful about memorizing the numbers. There are a lot of options and mods for the fleet plus the planes were custom configured for each carrier so engines, options, and configurations all change between aircraft. Even the switches are not standard. Some plane up is on and on TWA birds down is on. Avionics configs also will vary.

B System Items
Charlie Brakes In Up Stairs Every Afternoon

· Cargo door (some aircraft)
· Brakes
· Inboard Flight Spoilers
· Upper Rudder
· Aft Air Stairs
· Elevators
· Ailerons

A System Items
NEAT GOLLF

· Nosewheel Steering
· Elevators
· Ailerons
· Tailskid
· Ground Spoilers
· Outboard Flight Spoilers
· Landing Gear
· Lower Rudder
· Flaps (leading and trailing)

I'm in the B727 training business and I have been deluged by calls regarding the operation in Karachi and in the Congo. The carriers are not paying for any training. They want current and qualified personnel. The problem is the money is not good and Karachi and the Congo are war zones. So the only applicants I see are those with only a commercial pilots license with no jet experience. I'm not comfortable with the experience level of those pilots going over there.

But, does that mean you're getting people buying their 727 types and finding work there with limited experience ?

The few ads I see for 727 jobs want "...typed, current PC, XXX-XXXX hours in type...". Does the location of these jobs deter the experienced 727 pilots from going after them ?

IIRC, Champion dumped a lot of 727 crews on the market last year and in the expat world where "typed & current" is usually the requirement, I'd think at least some of those crews would end up taking the jobs you mentioned.

Re: Boeing 727

What I am seeing, if you want to work and live in Karachi, you can get one of these low paying jobs if you are current in the B727. The champion pilots are no longer current on the B727. Current means 3 landings in the last 90 days. Need a level D sim to do this. Also you need a recurrent ground school every year.

The company wants you to be current with a fresh PC and pay for your training. Then they will hire you regardless of your experience level.

Re: Boeing 727

The company wants you to be current with a fresh PC and pay for your training. Then they will hire you regardless of your experience level.

Coair,

Yikes!! Does this mean all three seats ?

I felt bad hearing the Champion guys had been put in the street since not many 727 jobs appear on the agency sites and the industry is in decline. And with "typed, current, time in type" being the expat battle cry, I was afraid they'd have a bad time of it with A320, 737, and 767 being most in demand.

For the Karachi job, the Champion guys would be the fastest way for the company to get some experience into the operation. But then , if experience isn't a factor, it's all a moot point.

It's a jungle out there...makes retirement look better all the time. :laff:

Back