Blackhawk wake flips Cirrus

@MikeFavinger are you referencing hover power check? I was referencing fly away speed of 4-5 knots OGE.

Not necessarily the hover power check, but rather the power required to hover (period) from the hover chart.

Just a bit of sharp shooting, but "4-5 knots of wind in any direction" won't necessarily work as a "flyaway speed." Think if you are hovering OGE with a 4 knot tailwind, lose an engine, and are at max torque available on the one engine. Your torque required to hover period is increased by up to 4% torque due to that tailwind. To fly away without turning you'd need 8-9 knots in that scenario. And if you had to turn you would turn to the...

Right, requires less torque.

We are on the same page. I was painting with a very broad brush. Certainly not an APART answer;).

Right, requires less torque.

We are on the same page. I was painting with a very broad brush. Certainly not an APART answer;).

You the man - you need to come to my unit. Sharp guys are hard to come by sometimes.

Shhh... the Army is talking now. You'll get your turn in the bazillions of "OMG THEY'RE GETTING RID OF THE A-10!!11" threads. :D

Oh man, dealing with those fanboys who have little understanding of roles/missions and where/how the Hog fits into those these days or not, can drive one to drink.

Don't want to come fly my overloaded and underpowered Hawk? :D

Oh man, dealing with those fanboys who have little understanding of roles/missions and where/how the Hog fits into those these days or not, can drive one to drink.

Don't want to come fly my overloaded and underpowered Hawk? :D

I'd love to - I just don't want to do all the other stuff you guys do!

Nope - they became all the rage after the transformation in 2006 - every CAB is supposed to have one.

Oh look. The Army changed its mind again. We were looked down upon as "GSAB is sooo last decade." or "You're in a what?" Another comparison is freight dog vs spikey-hair-and-iPod wearing regional FO.

After we ship everything to the Colombians, it'll realize the Huey and the Kiowa should have stayed, the TH67 can't be replaced by the Airbus, and they'll discover block production and get something in the field. Don't get me started about the loss of the H-series MTOE.

Back