Better Paying Survey Companies Hiring for the Summer

I don't know if I was clear or not, but at Quantum your hotels and rental cars are paid for by the company. They give you a company credit card so you're not out anything ever other than maybe the first couple days or weeks before you get your company credit card.

At Aspen my hotels and rentals were always paid for by the company and the same with Fugro.

Quantum we bill a minimum of 8 hours a day and you get your states overtime rules.

I don't know if I was clear or not, but at Quantum your hotels and rental cars are paid for by the company. They give you a company credit card so you're not out anything ever other than maybe the first couple days or weeks before you get your company credit card.

At Aspen my hotels and rentals were always paid for by the company and the same with Fugro.

Quantum we bill a minimum of 8 hours a day and you get your states overtime rules.
Working for Quantum sounds good but I'm short on the minimums. I emailed them asking who their partner schools were, but I haven't heard back from them.

Working for Quantum sounds good but I'm short on the minimums. I emailed them asking who their partner schools were, but I haven't heard back from them.

I have no idea about their partner schools, but that might be something new management is working on since they revamped their job listings a month or so ago.

What I know is that Surdex offers a competitive yearly salary with a bonus and profit sharing structure with a 15 on 6 off schedule.

What I know is that Surdex offers a competitive yearly salary with a bonus and profit sharing structure with a 15 on 6 off schedule.

That's still at the bottom of the companies I mentioned. Maybe things have changed, but when I was there they started me at 31k for that 15/5 and I was told by management that the average pilot flew about 400 hours a year.

If you want to start talking numbers on that salary then I'm sure if it was competitive you'd want that in the public domain.

That's still at the bottom of the companies I mentioned. Maybe things have changed, but when I was there they started me at 31k for that 15/5 and I was told by management that the average pilot flew about 400 hours a year.

If you want to start talking numbers on that salary then I'm sure if it was competitive you'd want that in the public domain.
It all depends on how well you negotiate. Or if you are in the Twins or the TU206

Pilots need to stay away from Surdex, they have amazing Pilots and Operators but management is a different story.. If you have questions please ask?

Pilots need to stay away from Surdex, they have amazing Pilots and Operators but management is a different story.. If you have questions please ask?

I'm sorry to hear it hasn't gotten better. Phil was an awesome guy and mechanic and I hope he and some of their operators are doing well, but I don't know why anyone would work for them unless they increased their compensation. Unless you have strong ties to the St. Louis area and don't need to build time there are so many other, better gigs out there.

We are looking to hire 2 Caravan pilots for a 16/12 at Quantum Spatial as we're getting another caravan which will be glass. You have a pretty firm idea of your schedule several months in advance, we stay in decent hotels on the company, commute from anywhere you want to live and if you want to bounce around half the year they'll probably make that work and you can swap schedules with other pilots to potentially take around 1.5 months off if you want to use your miles and go to South America or Asia or something. If anyone's interested I'll happily fill them in. I've been averaging around 600 hours a year, but I've been covering an extra rotation typically and I'd say to expect more than 500 a year.

I applied at Quantum for Sheboygan. Got an email stating that due to high volume of applicants.......... Haven't heard from them since. Have the time... 1780+, 770 ME, ... Any update on the hiring process......

I applied at Quantum for Sheboygan. Got an email stating that due to high volume of applicants.......... Haven't heard from them since. Have the time... 1780+, 770 ME, ... Any update on the hiring process......

I don't know much about the SBM hiring process so I'm not much help on that one. On the West Coast with the Caravans my managers can be a bit picky as to what he's looking for, but his methods have yielded us some excellent pilots he may just be being too picky in this job market. The timing can be off at times as I know in the past we had some openings and filled them with guys with a glut of survey time from AAK when they lost that Google contract.

I'm sorry to hear it hasn't gotten better. Phil was an awesome guy and mechanic and I hope he and some of their operators are doing well, but I don't know why anyone would work for them unless they increased their compensation. Unless you have strong ties to the St. Louis area and don't need to build time there are so many other, better gigs out there.

We are looking to hire 2 Caravan pilots for a 16/12 at Quantum Spatial as we're getting another caravan which will be glass. You have a pretty firm idea of your schedule several months in advance, we stay in decent hotels on the company, commute from anywhere you want to live and if you want to bounce around half the year they'll probably make that work and you can swap schedules with other pilots to potentially take around 1.5 months off if you want to use your miles and go to South America or Asia or something. If anyone's interested I'll happily fill them in. I've been averaging around 600 hours a year, but I've been covering an extra rotation typically and I'd say to expect more than 500 a year.

Are they still looking? Anyone I need to address the cover letter to?

The word on the street is that AeroGraphics in Salt Lake City is hiring as well. They are a large aerial survey company with a fleet of about 8 planes, some multi and some single. Www.aero-graphics.com. They usually require that you live within an hour or so of SLC so any Utah-based pilots might be well-served if looking for a Survey time building gig. Good luck.

Surdex is now expecting new C206 pilots to enter into a 3 year contract and work as an operator when not flying. And expect additional contract e.g. $10,000 and 3 years contract to move to the twins piston.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 9.59.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 9.59.13 AM.png
    301.5 KB · Views: 135
Surdex is now expecting new C206 pilots to enter into a 3 year contract and work as an operator when not flying. And expect additional contract e.g. $10,000 and 3 years contract to move to the twins piston.

Thank you for the update and information. In this market even a one year contract sounds ridiculous and if it's still the same amount of flying they averaged (400 a year and that was a 15/5 with pure pilot responsibilities) when I interviewed with them years ago it's a horrible proposition for young pilots looking to build time and move on.

Last edited:
FYI:
On the job listing it indicates duty time as "two consecutive weeks on and one off" the reality is they expect you to leave on the first available flight Wednesday morning to the project (when project is outside of STL and commercial travel is required) and do the afternoon lift. Departure day for your time off is Wednesday after you had a full lift putting you at home late evening. In other words its 15 days on 6 days off. And if you are on the C206 doing LIDAR they are putting two crews per airplane 1st 5AM-5PM and 2nd 5PM-5AM. Under the management of MM he believes that Pilots are expendable and replaceable, I'm sure he is in for a rude awakening. If you have questions please ask.

Thank you for the update and information. In this market even a one year contract sounds ridiculous and if it's still the same amount of flying they averaged (400 a year and that was a 15/5 with pure pilot responsibilities) when I interviewed with them years ago it's a horrible proposition for young pilots looking to build time and move on.

Hi, I am in Miami, 600tt with commercial single and multi. Do you know of anyone on the east coast hiring for survey gigs?

Hi, I am in Miami, 600tt with commercial single and multi. Do you know of anyone on the east coast hiring for survey gigs?

Fugro's got two openings on their web page and they are commutable and that's within their revised bare minimums. When I was there it was a 20/10 and they'd fly you to/from wherever the plane was and they're currently hiring. Aspen will hire at 500 hours as well and are commutable and last I talked to their CP a few days ago he said he'd be open to talking to anyone interested, but I'm not sure what that means as far as how readily they need anyone or if he expects some openings.

Quantum is still pretty firm on the 1000TT, but that might change.

Keystone's probably always hiring, but I wouldn't recommend it for the QoL and the amount of hours you'd fly. I'm not sure if the contract pilots they'll hire from anywhere, but I know on the full-time positions they want you in Philly and hanging out to do other chores when their's no flying to be done. They're not too bad though as entry level under some circumstances and I'm sure there are some details that I'm overlooking one way or another. If you could get on contract and just be left out in the field for several months that might open some doors for you to a better gig as long as they don't want too much of a commitment and expect you to move to Philly as well.

Last edited:
Back