Best thing you have learned?

MikeOH58

I thought it might be interesting, and a good learning tool for us CFI's to start a thread where we list one of the most important or helpful things we have learned or practiced as a CFI to be successful.

1- When teaching, communicate and relate through past experiences, be it an experience in aviation during a past lesson, or something from the outside.

your turn :D

No matter how well they've done the rest of the flight, be very ready to take over, even late in the flare.

Had a kid fly very well for an hour. Second landing, we had a wind gust while in the flare, and he threw his hands in the air and said "you have the controls." I've also had people just freeze and not keep the plane lined up or keep any airspeed when they'd done several landings just fine.

Another one that I find to be very important is get involved and show an interest in your students life outside of aviation...Doesn't have to be much, but I find my students do better when our relationship is more than just all aviation 1.5 hobbs at a time.

Back