Best Schedules for a Regional Pilot

And just to make sure it's not all about the senior guys, I am junior, on reserve, live in domicile and I am on today 9-9. I spent all day snowboarding. Now if I can just avoid the F word!

+1

I've walked my little girl to the bus stop every day this month. Woe to the passengers there for my next landing...

Well, our PBS awarded me an FO line my first month as a CA, so I saw what I WOULD have gotten with 2 years and 2 months of seniority: 19 days off and 94 hours of credit, and I was bidding #21 in base. Made me wonder why the heck I was taking the upgrade for about 10 seconds.

As a newhire 121 regional F/O with one month total seniority - I found myself #1 in base - all day trips (4 day trips/week) - show at 0515 - duty off at 1215 - 96 hrs of flying a month - 14 days off

If I lived in domicile - this schedule would have been great - the captain that flew this line, lived in base and got to see and play with his newborn kid every night. Me being a commuter this schedule sucked.

Currently, I get...

30 days off per bid period.
to put my daughter to bed every night and to be here when she gets up every morning. (After spending hundreds of nights in hotels, this is pretty cool.)
to never be called by crew scheduling.
positive-space travel. :)buck: when I get the "honor" of paying for it.)

Now if I could still get paid guarantee like Duck...

Back