Best noise-reduction headsets for the buck

Montanapilot, also responsed to you in "Ratings and Academies" thread, kind of on the same topic.

I'll probably be headin' up to the area in the next week or so. I'll definitely let you know via PM.

And thanks for the heads-up on the trade show. Never been to it before, but would like to check it out. May just be the place I buy that LightSpeed/David Clark/Peltor/etc that I need.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks jojobean, I've been looking for any type of review of Marv's ANR headset, and yours is the first I've seen.

Have you ever used the CD or MP3 player input to it, and, if so, how well does it work?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used it just the other day, but for my cell phone... Worked quite well. I don't know if I would ever use it as a CD input, as that doesn't seem like a safe thing to be doing. Listening to tunes whilst listening for for ATC. I miss too many calls as it is! :)

All in all, the Marv's are a good starter set. Comfy yet not too expensive, and have a few bells and whistles to boot!

Had the Bose set...they were good but not worth the money. Have Pilots for my wife...they are good for the price, but not what I would wear full time. I now have Lightspeed 33g and am very happy with them. Comfortable, super quiet, and have used the cell phone port and use it for the MP3 player when in remote areas. I would just say to try as many as you can. Don't scimp on your hearing.

I love my Lightspeed QFR XC headset. It's a fantastic piece of equipment that combines passive and active noise reduction well. I bought mine from studentpilot.com for $250.00 but that was the original XC. They have an improved headset called the "QFR XC-2" and it now lists for $290.00 - I would recommend this headset to anyone.

Lightspeed Twenty 3G's here. I absolutly love them. I used to use David Clark 13.4's but they felt like a vice on my head after a few hours. The Lightspeed's put a lot less strain on my head and their super quiet.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

What about a headset that is TSO'd for airline work, etc?

I've been looking at the Lightspeed's but don't think they're TSO'd..

Back