Best Flight Schools in TX

AA

I know of some good flight schools in Texas, one of which I go to, but has anybody out there heard of anything regarding the flight schools in Texas? (Which ones are the best, which ones to stay away from, etc.) Any information would be great! Thanks!

Pilot's choice in georgetown is a very good school. Older planes but well maintained and good prices. Its has a small FBO feel but its 141 approved.

Thats where I did my private and I havent found a school here in acadamy-land that I like nearly as much.

What part of Texas? I should put a word in for Lone Star Wings in Austin. They have a nice variety of aircraft for training and rental (3 C-172P's, 1 Cherokee 180, 1 Mooney, 1 C182RG, 1 Seneca, 1 Baron, and a stinson voyager taildragger).

[ QUOTE ]
Pilot's choice in georgetown is a very good school. Older planes but well maintained and good prices. Its has a small FBO feel but its 141 approved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I visited that FBO when I was in Austin and they were really cool people. I was giving some serious thought to heading down there to get all my ratings and so on when I got laid off but decided to try and find a job instead!

I go to U.S. Flight Academy in Denton, just north of Ft. Worth. I have done two ratings there in the last 5 months and I have been really happy with them. They fly PA28's and they all have Garmin 430's. They also have a couple of Senecas, one Arrow, and an aerobatic traildragger. I heard someone say today that they will be picking up a helicopter in the near future.

If you are in the Dallas area, Monarch Air is a good flight school to go to. They have a wide variety of planes and have good quality instructors. I worked their close to two months before I got picked up by another company. I liked what I saw at this school. In the Houston area, the San Jacinto Junior College has a nice 141 program with top quality instructors. I attended there for several semesters and the classes were excellent. Good luck.
grin.gif

Guys, thanks a lot for your input. And Adrockaviator thanks for the Dallas School that is mainly where I am looking at! Any more help would be greatly appreciated!

Back