Best Dorm for Flight Students

ROSWELL41

I have to send in my housing deposit for Purdue within the next 10 days. Any recommendations for the best dorm for flight students and in general (ie social life)?

-Mike

The CO-ED dorm!
grin.gif

Duh!
wink.gif

Yeah, like the girls wanna have a bunch of guys in Ray Ban Aviators roaming the hallways groaning, "Hey baby, ya know I'm a pilot. Yeah... You know, I uhh, almost crashed once, but I was cool.. Yeahh."

Riiight!

I'm going to say either Harrison or McCutcheon as those are in close proximity to the airport.

McCutcheon was the dorm I was assigned when I was a frosh. Just as a note, you won't be thrown in with flight majors. You'll more than likely have a roommate of a different major. Purdue is more than a flight school -- we have about 100+ some odd different majors. That's what I like. Some of my best friends are from elementry education, computer science, and hotel management.

Just make sure that you get that housing slip ASAP or you'll get your last choice.

Welcome to Purdue!

Neil- Another student who is currently in the Purdue flight program told me that their flight program is one of the hardest to get into but once your in, it is one of their easiest majors. He said compared to his friends in other majors, he gets much less work. Is there any truth to this?

I'd have to agree with that. Your AT (Aviation Technology) classes give little to no written homework. The downside is that most of your grades come from tests.

Then there's your core classes which are a little more difficult. However, if you apply yourself these shouldn't be more difficult than an AP class in high school.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, like the girls wanna have a bunch of guys in Ray Ban Aviators roaming the hallways groaning, "Hey baby, ya know I'm a pilot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Ray Ban's aren't "cool"?
grin.gif

I don't know if I would say less work - it's just different work. AvTech isn't as uptight as the other departments and you enjoy it so much(well most of it) that you don't notice how much time you really invest in it.

As far as dorms?? There's no question - take Cary Quad! 1,000+ guys in one dorm - I guarantee that year will be by far the most interesting you've ever had!

Jason
'98 PU Alum
'94-'95 Quad Dog

Back