Best Aviation Magazine

I read Airliner world and Airways.
Both are very Major airlines oriented with Nice pictures and fresh infos.
I 'm looking for a magazine that is more realted to US regional airlines.

I've always enjoyed AOPA pilot, although I let my membership lapse.

Flying was the mainstay but I'm afraid to say its about five good features, surrounded by overzealous marketing, "Cessna 170 fuel mod available for $2 million dollars" and "Me and my Cessna Centurion at mid-Kansas international".

AOPA Pilot is my current fave, I (intentionally) let my subscription to Flying lapse.

Heard good things about IFR Magazine, but never see it on the racks at Borders for some reason....

Without a doubt has to be Airways Magazine. I love the coverage on the issues facing the airline industry there coverage on airlines,airports and airplanes and they have very nice colorful pictures.

Airways seems to have more of an emphasis on commercial aviation verses FLYING which seems to cater more towards GA pilots.

As with many things, opinions as to the "best" can be very subjective. It seems as though alot of it depends on what you want out of it, what your looking for etc.
So... my favorites are AOPA, Flying and Plane&Pilot. They all have their own plus and minus', but in the end the important thing for me is what I can gleem from them for my benifit or the benifit of others.
Flying has reduced my yearly subscription to 14.95/year, so you can't beat that, Plane&Pilot is about the same and AOPA is included in my yearly membership.
There are other "good" ones out there too, but there are only so many hours in the day to read.

"Plane and Pilot" hands down is my favorite Aviation Publication. I love Bill Cox's "x-country Log" and his numerous articles. Somehow I have a subscription to "Flying"....Not sure how I got it...I know I'm not paying for it. Flying is an OK magazine....but it doesn't excite me about flying as much as Plane and Pilot.

Matt

[ QUOTE ]
Flying's overall a good mag, but I lost interest in Flying when Len Morgan's columns disappeared.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they still have the 'Bax Seat' column? I like those, currently reading some back issues I bought.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flying's overall a good mag, but I lost interest in Flying when Len Morgan's columns disappeared.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they still have the 'Bax Seat' column? I like those, currently reading some back issues I bought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gordon Baxter! Thanks. That's the other columnists name I was trying to remember that I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

Dad still has his Flying mags from when his collection started in the late '60s. Neat perusing those old articles, and seeing advertisements (albeit fewer than now) for Sperry Stormscopes and LORANS.

Back