Best ATP Study Course?

FAR/AIM + Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge + Airplane Flying Handbook + Instrument Flying Handbook + PTS + Maybe W&B Handbook if you're weak with the LEMAC/WEMAC % of MAC, weight shift problems, etc.

-mini

If you are just trying to get through the test, try Sheppardair.com. It is well worth the money.

Good luck!

I used the King videos.

Worked out well for me.

But I have also heard great things about Sheppard Air.

FAR/AIM + Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge + Airplane Flying Handbook + Instrument Flying Handbook + PTS + Maybe W&B Handbook if you're weak with the LEMAC/WEMAC % of MAC, weight shift problems, etc.

-mini
Got all that, also the Instrument Procedures Handbook which has a lot of info in it. I've not seen the W&B Handbook, downloading PDF now......

If you are just trying to get through the test, try Sheppardair.com. It is well worth the money.

Good luck!
I actually bought the Dauntless Software a LONG time ago for Private through ATP and that's really working for me..... It looks like Sheppardair is limited to the 121 test; I'm planning on doing the 135 test as that's what my day job is.....

I guess what I'm really trying to figure out is if something like the King Course would be worth it.....

Got all that, also the Instrument Procedures Handbook which has a lot of info in it. I've not seen the W&B Handbook, downloading PDF now......
It's not too bad. I used to teach the occasional lesson out of it, but everything at the GA instructor level is basic, so I didn't crack it open a whole bunch.

If you're flying 135 now, I'd just review the regs one time, check out the weather products in the back of the PHAK (or maybe it's the AFH) just to familiarize yourself with them and then I'd go take the written. You're using the regs every day anyway and if you can't do performance problems, you shouldn't be flying.

Save your money.

-mini

Just the written... I used a friends gleim for free. It took extra time than doing something like sheppardair, but at the time I had the money to either do sheppardair or take the test... so the free Gleim option was a no brainer. Worked just fine if you have time to kill and saves the hundred bucks (I don't know what it costs anymore... just a guess).

King videos. . . . snore!!!

I used the Dauntless program and skipped/guessed all the flight planning questions and scored an 82.

King videos. . . . snore!!!

I used the Dauntless program and skipped/guessed all the flight planning questions and scored an 82.
Dude! Where have you been? Working or something like that?

Anyways, sounds like a good plan. I'll be here through the winter so I've got time, but want to get it done sooner rather than later.

I took the the program at ATP in Arlington, and I passed by 13:00. I got a 96%. I had never studied prior to taking the the test.

Back