Best Airplane to Purchase

Disagree. You can put a lot of gas through that second engine with the money you save by buying a King Air.

Well, that should go double for an MU-2, then, shouldn't it? Price of acquisition is half that of even a clapped out old 90. Plus you burn about the same fuel, go MUCH faster, and look WAY cooler.

Damn, you're right. As Travis suggests, your boss should buy an MU-2. Thanks, faudree!

Euh, no. Is it available for free on the interwebz? Cause I stopped sending those bastards money around about 2005, which was, coincidentally, the same year the 10,000th "WE NEED YOUR MONEY TO PROTECT GA" piece of junkmail appeared in on my doorstep.
I only joined for the legal plan. I saw it work firsthand very well for someone, and at the current price, if I keep it up until I'm 70, will be cheaper than a few hours with a lawyer.
I'm sure it's available in the stack of magazines at the FBO near you. December 2013. They fly a short body around the world and to Japan for the 50th anniversary.

Well, that should go double for an MU-2, then, shouldn't it? Price of acquisition is half that of even a clapped out old 90. Plus you burn about the same fuel, go MUCH faster, and look WAY cooler.

Damn, you're right. As Travis suggests, your boss should buy an MU-2. Thanks, faudree!
Or he should by a turbo commander. I think they're at least as cheap as a MU-2 but don't have the SFAR. As long as it has the -10's you'll see over 300 ktas on less fuel than any king air burns, and close to what the pc-12 burns.

Thanks for the info guys. The budget would be between $300k to $600k and the usage about 2 to 4 times a month. Would maybe buying a Baron and putting into a flying club be an option? My guess is the max passenger load would be about 4 to 5.

Thanks for the info guys. The budget would be between $300k to $600k and the usage about 2 to 4 times a month. Would maybe buying a Baron and putting into a flying club be an option? My guess is the max passenger load would be about 4 to 5.
C210, maybe turbo.

Or he should by a turbo commander. I think they're at least as cheap as a MU-2 but don't have the SFAR. As long as it has the -10's you'll see over 300 ktas on less fuel than any king air burns, and close to what the pc-12 burns.

I think they're a touch more dear, but just a touch. They're certainly a Contender. Always wanted to fly one of them things.

An older C90 maybe in the upper ranges of your price range. I don't think there is much out there that would replicate the comfort you'd get in a c90 vs a smaller piston. I miss flying the kingair.

They ain't sexy, but I think a Malibu/Lance/6X fits your mission at the best acquisition and operational cost.

They ain't sexy, but I think a Malibu/Lance/6X fits your mission at the best acquisition and operational cost.

And with the Malibu, you can fit 5 people and have enough gas to taxi to the run up area! And the pilot can break his headset every time they hit turbulence!

In honor of @WacoFan I offer the following-
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just sayin'.....

If it floats, flies, or ..... it's cheaper to rent than to buy. My father offered this advice when I was 13. His advice was premature but accurate.

Last edited:
Back