Being asked to send copies of certs...

GX

Was asked to send copies of all of my certs and medical to a potential job offer. Is this the norm? Any privacy or security concerns that need to be addressed in doing this?

I haven't seen that before. But I've only interviewed three times during my career.

Sent from my TRS-80

Sounds normal. I had to take copy of my certs to all my interviews. Not sure about faxing but they will have them eventually. I wouldn't sweat it.

I thought it odd. Nothing a "can I bring them in when we meet?" can't fix. Thanks.

I "took" copies but I didn't necessarily "send" them.

If its a large, established company, I wouldn't worry too much. If its a small operator states away with a yahoo email account, danger will Robinson.

Sent from my TRS-80

I "took" copies but I didn't necessarily "send" them.

If its a large, established company, I wouldn't worry too much. If its a small operator states away with a yahoo email account, danger will Robinson.

Sent from my TRS-80

It's a brokerage, but I've known them since working at Corporate Jets at SDL. Early 2000's?

Maybe part of a cert check?

Possible. I don't have many. :D CTO, PPL w an Instrument. Almost done w CSEL. I was a little skeptical because if someone asked me to make a copy of my CC, I'd politely decline. Wondering if it's the same with a license, and especially a medical. They are faxed, on white paper. From that perspective, are there any security measures to be taken to avoid any "issues"?

Throw in tailwheel, complex, and HP endorsements for good measure. ;)

I was ask to send my certs, medical and passport to a foreign airline prior to my interview. I did it with no problem and since it was a large company didn't see any issues. I wouldn't sweat it.

Reactions: GX
I was ask to send my certs, medical and passport to a foreign airline prior to my interview. I did it with no problem and since it was a large company didn't see any issues. I wouldn't sweat it.

Unless you have asked the FAA to take it off the website, all of that information is available to anyone that knows your name anyway...

sounds pretty standard to me, When I interviewed for a job that didnt ask for them before hand, they made copies at the interview. They are gonna get them either way...

Was asked to send copies of all of my certs and medical to a potential job offer. Is this the norm? Any privacy or security concerns that need to be addressed in doing this?
I often see things like that and wonder why. The basic data from every airman certificate is available on the Internet. So why would anyone want to see a copy of something that may or may not be valid to start with when they could just look it up on the web.

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/

Back