Being an FAA Inspector has its perks

30 accidents and 9 lives.......?
I hope this Inspector gets the full sentence!

Earlier in the trial, Marvin Reed, formerly Hansen’s executive v-p and a defendant in separate, related proceedings, acknowledged that the company had been using unapproved parts for years. “Yes, that’s correct,” he told Marie Miller, the special assistant U.S. attorney leading the prosecution.

Reed, along with Hansen’s operations director Kenneth “Rufus” Crowe and maintenance director Phillip “Turner” Kapp had their cases severed in March and are expected to plead guilty to reduced charges during proceedings now scheduled for mid-June. Charges against another co-defendant, Frank F. Litkei Sr., owner of Spares Inc. in Florence, Oregon, were dropped after he died before the trial.

Marvin, Rufus, Turner, and Frank
These guys are like a caper movie crew

30 accidents and 9 lives.......?
I hope this Inspector gets the full sentence!
The inspector is not on trial here, he is a witness against the Helicopter company that bribed him. The article did reference him as a "former inspector."

So -- and I'm just spit-ballin' here -- these helicopters were used off the back of a boats in the middle of the ocean. Who was requiring them to be registered anywhere? Yes that's shady when they need to come ashore, but maybe that's what cranes and trucks are for.

So -- and I'm just spit-ballin' here -- these helicopters were used off the back of a boats in the middle of the ocean. Who was requiring them to be registered anywhere? Yes that's shady when they need to come ashore, but maybe that's what cranes and trucks are for.

the company being investigated was leasing them to the boat operators, not operating them themselves. I’m sure the people leasing them expect airworthy helicopters.

Back