Been through Three instructors in 25 hours

Tommay85

Hi everyone

I started traning for my PPL back at the end of November. I had an instructor unitil about the 15 hour mark. Then he quit because he got pised at them for not hiring him full time. They said they didn't like how he flew or something.

Then they assigned one of their corporate pilots to instruct me. But I guess he got tired of instructing and got out of that when they hired a new instructor.

Now I'm with this new instructor. He is the best of the three but three different instructors in that short period of time, about a week, was really weird. It was nice having different perspectives though.

Anyone else had this happen or know of someone who this has happend to. Im sure these instructors are just one of many ill have on my way to proffesional aviation.

Thanks, sorry about the rambling

Tom

Mrs Eagle went trhough six instructors for her pvt. but it did take her almost 2 years, and this was also back when the airlines were hiring, so they moved thru pretty fast, usually to airnet, then on. All but two are flying for the regionals now, one at southwest the other a G-IV

Hey thanks for the quick reply

I guess it shouldn't bother me so much. I've been taking lessons at Carver Aero in Davenport IA (quad cities) if anyone knows where that is. Anyway, Ive seen one of their instructors get canned once. The guy totaly flipped out. From what I hear, Carver is somewhat of a backstabbing organization. That really made me and his student, who was there at the time feel really uneasy. I couldn't tell who he was yelling at. The other instructors or us.

Man i need to quit this rambling crap.

Thanks

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
I've been taking lessons at Carver Aero in Davenport IA (quad cities)

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap. I have talked to Quad Cities ATC a bunch of times and we always joke. where the hell is Quad Cities.

Now I know.!!

yeah its right on that little stub of Iowa where the river flows east-west!

Its really wierd flying into there from davenport municuple (probly spelled that wrong) because I-74 goes right up to the airport and the tower has the runway lights on low. you cant see any of the runways except the east west one. The runway we usually land on cant bee seen until you are about 3/4 to a mile away. Unless you know exactly where your going, you can be in for a surprise when you get over there.

Tom

I also think alot of airline routes going west from chicago go over the Davenport VOR (CVA) if that sounds familiar.

Dunno,

We are GPS more often than not, we just figure the united states is, NY, NJ, eastern PA, a bunch of square states, then colorado and nevada.... and the west coast.

Is there more to it than that?

[ QUOTE ]
Now I'm with this new instructor. He is the best of the three but three different instructors in that short period of time, about a week, was really weird. It was nice having different perspectives though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoot, I thought you meant three CFIs in just over a day.
grin.gif

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just be glad the best one is sticking around. Other than that, different perspectives are nice, but if you change too much, you will wind up covering the same maneuvers over and over again.

Back