Beechjet PIC Typed!

AirVenture

Thanks to CAE Simuflite's right-seat program I got my PIC type rating in the Beechjet! It's been such an amazing program. In total I've been in the sim for 97 sessions (81 w/ clients 16 of my own training) and 250 hours. You learn a heck of a lot about the airplane and CRM when you're dealing with emergencies/abnormals with so many different captains. Now it's either onto a new airplane (looks like the BBJ/737) or I'm looking at a few Beechjet positions. If anybody has any leads in that department, let me know!

-Brett :)

fsiflyer

Thanks to CAE Simuflite's right-seat program I got my PIC type rating in the Beechjet! It's been such an amazing program. In total I've been in the sim for 97 sessions (81 w/ clients 16 of my own training) and 250 hours. You learn a heck of a lot about the airplane and CRM when you're dealing with emergencies/abnormals with so many different captains. Now it's either onto a new airplane (looks like the BBJ/737) or I'm looking at a few Beechjet positions. If anybody has any leads in that department, let me know!

-Brett :)
Congrats dude. I was where you are now and things worked out OK for me. :) Keep up the good work.

JDE

Congrats dude. I was where you are now and things worked out OK for me. :) Keep up the good work.
You're a product of the right seat program - or whatever FSI calls it? Just more proof that they're great programs!

fsiflyer

You're a product of the right seat program - or whatever FSI calls it? Just more proof that they're great programs!
I am a product of the "right seat" program. It was alot of long nights for free but a GREAT investment into my future. Still had to trudge through crappy 135 operators to get to where I am today but all in all well worth it.

AirVenture

Thanks everybody! I certainly recommend it to anybody willing to put in the work. It's a great program and yes you get the PIC type after completion of the program. I believe you can get your SIC type after you get half way through.

Congrats on the type. . .what's your other aviation experience?
I'm an aviation college grad (flight ops and business) and CFII working at a local FBO here in TX. As of right now about 700TT/20ME not including my 250 in the sim.

AirVenture

What are the mins for a PIC type?
Technically all you need is a private and multi-engine (and hopefully instrument). Once you get the type you subject to a pilot in command limitation (SOE) of 15 or 25 hours of flying with a non-restricted PIC on the aircraft type.

av8or91

Technically all you need is a private and multi-engine (and hopefully instrument). Once you get the type you subject to a pilot in command limitation (SOE) of 15 or 25 hours of flying with a non-restricted PIC on the aircraft type.
Oh ok, I thought there were some time mins for getting a PIC type. Just out of curiosity, how much does an initial type for the beechjet cost?

AirVenture

It varies greatly depending on your situation and who is paying for the training. I've heard it costs between 20-25k for individuals privately funding their training, but I'm not definate.

av8or91

Ohh ok thanks. The right seat program looks like it could be alot of fun. Something Ill look into when im finished with school.