Beechcraft C90 King Air Accident Sao Paulo 7/29/2018

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Destination airport:Campo de Marte airport, Sao Paulo (SBMT)
Narrative:
A Beechcraft C90 King Air owned by Brazilian Videplast, a plastics company, crashed onto the runway at Campo de Marte Airport in São Paulo with seven people on board around 18:10LT (21:10 UTC). Prior to landing, the crew reported a malfunction in the landing gear and made two low passes over the airport. The third time, making a new approach, turned 180 degrees around the longitudinal axis and crashed onto the runway inverted and finished the course on to a taxiway. One of the two pilots on board died.

A little farther and he would have hit the crash trucks.

What the hell ? ! ? !

What would cause such a drastic loss of control that close to touchdown?

Yes.
Just like stalling a 152. One wing drops, don’t correct for it, viola: spin.

Also, below average hop. 100% preventable, especially with 2 crew members. Riding a King Air in on the belly seems like a pretty low threat option when compared to whatever these guys were doing. This will be a CRM case study...especially since one of the crew actually lived.

With both engines operating?

Who’s already determined it was a Vmc roll?

I was merely commenting that the accident may have been caused by something other than the obvious. Hell, the pilot may have had a massive heart attack from the stress as he crossed the numbers for all we know?

Sometimes accidents aren’t as cut and dry as they first appear.

Who’s already determined it was a Vmc roll?

I was merely commenting that the accident may have been caused by something other than the obvious. Hell, the pilot may have had a massive heart attack from the stress as he crossed the numbers for all we know?

Sometimes accidents aren’t as cut and dry as they first appear.

You said Vmc roll and people kinda ran with it. This definitely looks like a stall/spin though, amazing anyone lived at all.

I’m the one who said Vmc before reading anything. Just going off of the video alone. Reminded me of another C/E90 crash down in that part of the world. But if both engines were running then looks like a stall/spin.

Back