Beech 1900 Question

smokey1

I was at KPHX today and a Becch 1900 was on the ramp with the left rear door open. It had a big ass tube going through the door into the cabin. Anyone know what this is for?\Smokey...................................................................

Was the hose attached to a big silver looking box on wheels.. if so could have be the AC blowing in the cabin. It does get warm in PHX..

I don't remeber what it was attached to, but it was coming from outside of the aircraft through the rear door on the left side of the aircraft. It looked like it was attached to the roof of the cabin some how. The hose was big and yellow.1.
Smokey.......................................................................................................................................................................

Smokey, might this be the lavatory equipment? Not quite sure, but that's what I've heard people say those hige yellow tubes are for. Not sure.................

[ QUOTE ]
Smokey, might this be the lavatory equipment? Not quite sure, but that's what I've heard people say those hige yellow tubes are for. Not sure.................

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha...haha...ha... lavatory? Not in a 1900.
grin.gif

Had to have been an AC hose.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha...haha...ha... lavatory? Not in a 1900.
grin.gif

Had to have been an AC hose.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lav is optional in the 1900

I haven't seen one either, but it fits in bin #1 (I think that's the one closest to the partition and you lose one or two of the last row of seats in the process. It was in the FlightSafety Beech 1900 manual.

I heard a story of a crew flying an empty 1900 where the captain got up after landing, ran down the aisle, unlatched the partition and hopped in the cargo bin.

When the FO taxied up to the gate and shut the engines down, the ramper was told the story that the airline was cutting back by having the FO's fly the aircraft solo.

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen one either, but it fits in bin #1 (I think that's the one closest to the partition and you lose one or two of the last row of seats in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

With ours, a B1900C, we lose the 3 seat bench in the last row. It is replaced with a 2 seat last row and a small 'door' in between leading into the lav area. You have to be a midget to give it a go in my opinion!
laugh.gif

It is in Cargo area 1, and we lose a heap of space for baggage.

The reason we have it, is because of some fairly long sectors (3hrs), and the punters get a little edgy going that long without a break.

What you saw was the air conditioning cart. The yellow hose you saw in the cargo door was supplying the cold air to the cabin.

[ QUOTE ]
I heard a story of a crew flying an empty 1900 where the captain got up after landing, ran down the aisle, unlatched the partition and hopped in the cargo bin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 1900 drivers will appreciate this post.

There are several funny stories about this. I flew with a captain who liked to freak out the ramp girls at PFN. He told the ops people to be very careful opening the cargo because we had some frozen fish that had melted, was leaking and it would spill out on them. The girl, Donita, waited until the FO came back to help her. When she opened the cargo hatch, Captain Greg was sitting right there and shouted "YAAHHH!!"

I think Donita is still screaming!

I recall a story where a certain probationary FO needed to catch the last flight from BOS to PQI or he would miss his morning shift. Unfortunately the flight was full. So this FO made a deal with the captain and rode as "cargo."

He stacked up all the bags and hid behind them so there would be time to climb over the partition before the gate agents saw him after opening the gate in PQI. This was not an easy feat, as there were 19 passengers waiting to get out in front of him! Fortunately the captain asked ops to wait till he got back there to help with difficult cargo.

A good thing nobody counted 22 people getting off that plane
smile.gif

We probably shouldn't draw too much attention to that partition.

[ QUOTE ]
A good thing nobody counted 22 people getting off that plane

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that he was exiting at PQI helps a bunch! You can hear the crickets from here...

Back