Bay Area Jetcareers Members?

JordanP

I figured I should go ahead and make a post already! So how many San Francisco Bay Area jetcareers members are out there? I'm just a wannabe (junior year in high school), but I hope to start for my PPL out of Oakland soon. I've wanted to fly for a long time, the airliners eventually. You know, the usual.
smile.gif
Cya in the sky,

Jordan

There are a few on here. I consider me sorta to be in the bay area. I live in Santa Cruz, usually fly out of Watsonville, but have been over in San Jose, at Reid-Hillview for the last or so.

I'm from the Bay Area. It looks like you're in Alameda. Well, I'm sorta in that neck of the woods.
grin.gif
I'm in Alameda too.

Hayward. Right on.

I grew up in San Rafael. Got my Instructor ratings in Hayward and that was my first flying job. Instructing at California Airways. That was 1989.

We now do a layover in OAK. The crew hotel is down in Hayward though. The La Quinta. The rooms look down onto Hayward Airport. I like to take walks over there and look at the old hangars where I used to teach. Lots of fun. The Bay Area is a great place to learn to fly. Best scenery around.

Davidmohr,
Hey Dave do you fly the Delta Connection flight from DFW-OAK on the CRJ-700 or the SLC-OAK ? I work at SJC Delta and i hear you guys check-in with the ops in OAK with your off times and fuel burn all the time.

Welcome, Jordan! I'm in San Jose right now, waiting to be hired and working full-time to earn some money until I get the call.

[ QUOTE ]
Davidmohr,
Hey Dave do you fly the Delta Connection flight from DFW-OAK on the CRJ-700 or the SLC-OAK ? I work at SJC Delta and i hear you guys check-in with the ops in OAK with your off times and fuel burn all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have two staged overnights in OAK. One does one leg from DFW and then off to the hotel arond 11:30 AM. The other gets to OAK about 6:30 PM but then does an SLC turn and gets back to OAK about 11:00pm for the overnight. Both flights ar CRJ-700.

My sister lives in SJC. Maybe one day we will serve SJC in some fashion. I would enjoy the overnight.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Flyguy- You're training at Sierra? I'm thinking of training with Alameda-Aero (www.alameda-aero.com), getting my PPL and as much else as I can before I head off to college. I won't be 17 until august 4th though... Wondering when I should start. Cya around,

Jordan

[ QUOTE ]
Flyguy- You're training at Sierra?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, and although I think their training is excellent, I kind of wished I'd have gotten my PPL at an FBO, before going to Sierra. Don't know much about Alameda Aero Club. You might also want to check out Oakland Flyers. If you have any way of getting to Livermore, you should also check out Ahart.

Good Luck!

Yeah, move back. Ha. Prices are dropping. Average home price in this area just dropped to under $600k this month
tongue.gif

Of course, there is nothing like the 73-78 degree days, on the coast, that we have had here for the last few days. When others are still getting 'winter' weather.

Well actually, I *am* moving back up north the last part of April--but a little farther north...and a little to the east.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I used to live in Marin and work in SF, would love to move back there someday!

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in Marin?

[ QUOTE ]
Well actually, I *am* moving back up north the last part of April--but a little farther north...and a little to the east.

[/ QUOTE ]You're not going to Sacramento to work for The Governator, ARE YOU?????

Back