Basic Aerodynamics question

Anyway so, if the lift develops due to longer distance on the upper camber of the wing

- planes wouldn't fly upside down
- symmetrical wings couldn't fly
- wings with a longer lower camber wouldn't fly

Yet they do all fly, so that explanation doesn't work.

I also add my reasoning that (since I based my explanation on speed) it would also mean that higher speed directly translates to lift in all standard cases. That was just me having a bit of fun at my own mis-take.

I found the list to be apt and brilliant and I plan to read about the other explanations when I'm less sleep deprived.

I read every word that was written here gratefully and I am thankful for the time and expertise which was offered here to me and others who found something valuable here. Thank you all once again for the knowledge, ideas and information resources.

I think it's fair to say that it's probably time for me to take another break away from jc. This place stresses me out. I'm never sure what I can ask or if I should answer and i somehow get it wrong no matter what i choose.

Peace ✌️until next time
So, it's like you are studying this and getting it right by proxy. But then, what? Asking questions to validate if pilots actually know what you seem already to understand?

I mean, good on ya. But still... You don't have a job yet. And I'm reasonably certain your approach is not going to work well toward that goal. ...if in fact, that is your goal.

So, it's like you are studying this and getting it right by proxy. But then, what? Asking questions to validate if pilots actually know what you seem already to understand?

I mean, good on ya. But still...
Nope. That was just to prove that I was taking the replies seriously, followed the links and read what was there. It was also to ensure that the thread "Has it on record" that I neither subscribe to the theory I blurted out for humor, nor that it is correct (to make sure misinformation does not prevail).

You are still attempting to discredit me and write me off as a troll on this thread, but you are playing a losing game because you are the one twisting things and all I ever have to do is simply tell the truth.

Nope. That was just to prove that I was taking the replies seriously, followed the links and read what was there. It was also to ensure that the thread "Has it on record" that I neither subscribe to the theory I blurted out for humor, nor that it is correct (to make sure misinformation does not prevail).

You are still attempting to discredit me and write me off as a troll on this thread, but you are playing a losing game because you are the one twisting things and all I ever have to do is simply tell the truth.
Oh, sonny, you DID subscribe. In fact, you claimed to have thought of it yourself. Good luck. We're all counting on you! :)

Oh, sonny, you DID. In fact, you claimed to have thought of it yourself. Good luck. We're all counting on you! :)
All you're really saying in that statement is that you lack the intelligence to grasp the things I wrote in their accurate sentiment which is pretty general, not too articulate, not overly intellectual, and not that hard.

So in layman's lingo bingo, that's called High IQ low EQ scenario - you.

All you're really saying in that statement is that you lack the intelligence to grasp the things I wrote in their accurate sentiment which is pretty general, not too articulate, not overly intellectual, and not that hard.

So in layman's lingo bingo, that's called High IQ low EQ scenario - you.
What's IQ? What's EQ? I'm just a pilot, pawn in game of life.

Carry on, pilot. Safe travels wherever you are headed. No reason to revisit my podunk abstractions. Wish you the best.
Thanks! You too!

I'm just trying to let you know that ain't nobody gonna hire a newbie (just in PPGS) with your apparent attitude. Take that as you will.

For God's sake, son! I'm one of the folks who initially tried to take your questions seriously and give you some serious answers!

Lighten up, Francis.
Lingo Bingo.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! You too!

I'm just trying to let you know that ain't nobody gonna hire a newbie (just in PPGS) with your apparent attitude. Take that as you will.
Thanks for the guidance. I'm well aware that I don't have a particularly friendly demeanor, and I enjoy alone time far too much to win at the social games of life. It's refreshing that it concerned you enough to caution me.

As it turns out, I haven't applied anywhere recently and probably won't make any significant career moves for another year at least. This is due to my life situation which includes the reason I am taking a slower paced and cheaper college course route instead of coughing up a lump sum to jump the gun.

I sort of implied that but you might of missed it in a hurry to evade the implication that you find it funny that other people can't (yet) afford to build a career in aviation. Or perhaps I am giving you too much credit. I don't really know you, so it's just a guess.

I do wish you well though, even though you seem to depend too much on scoring some sort of "i'm older and wiser and more informed" internet brownie points against me in an illusory match of wits where I don't even care.

Thanks for the guidance. I'm well aware that I don't have a particularly friendly demeanor, and I enjoy alone time far too much to win at the social games of life. It's refreshing that it concerned you enough to caution me.

As it turns out, I haven't applied anywhere recently and probably won't make any significant career moves for another year at least. This is due to my life situation which includes the reason I am taking a slower paced and cheaper college course route instead of coughing up a lump sum to jump the gun.

I sort of implied that but you might of missed it in a hurry to evade the implication that you find it funny that other people can't (yet) afford to build a career in aviation. Or perhaps I am giving you too much credit. I don't really know you, so it's just a guess.

I do wish you well though, even though you seem to depend too much on scoring some sort of "i'm older and wiser and more informed" internet brownie points against me in an illusory match of wits where I don't even care.
Dude, I LUV iconoclasts. But only rational, experienced, expert iconoclasts. As a plebe, (outside of SV) one might do much better not to just barge into a party of pros and start offering one's self-perceived well-understood, experienced, and expert opinions. Leave that kinda stuff for asshats like me. You'll get there someday. But you're not there yet.

Dude, I LUV iconoclasts. But only rational, experienced, expert iconoclasts. As a plebe, (outside of SV) one might do much better not to just barge into a party of pros and start offering one's well-understood, experienced, and expert opinions. Leave that kind of stuff for old white guys.
I barged right into a party of pros and tooted my own horn like a pro of horn-tooting, then i took a break after eating some humble pie and focused on my life, eventually returned when I had some serious questions for the pros.

You might be a pro, but it doesn't mean you get to speak for all the pros. You showed up late to a thread that had moved along and after I got enough guidance to keep me going in my studies. I tried to find something I could learn from you, but you had so much self-importance and arcane mathematics to discuss that it was taking too much of my already limited patience and attention.

I'm a busy guy, for a broke guy studying at community college making minimum wage. I'm busy like I have no choice, not because I'm someone important.

So I think you overrated me, and yourself, and you still cant admit that you brought your presence to the thread with too much overbearing irrelevance and won't even acknowledge that I gave you my time that I can't spare much (again, from limitation, not from self-importance).

But you, actually, I think, just don't know how to respect that. You over-value yourself. I don't over-value myself. You'd see that just from reading what I actually wrote, instead of talking to some phantom of my words.

I barged right into a party of pros and tooted my own horn like a pro of horn-tooting, then i took a break after eating some humble pie and focused on my life, eventually returned when I had some serious questions for the pros.

You might be a pro, but it doesn't mean you get to speak for all the pros. You showed up late to a thread that had moved along and after I got enough guidance to keep me going in my studies. I tried to find something I could learn from you, but you had so much self-importance and arcane mathematics to discuss that it was taking too much of my already limited patience and attention.

I'm a busy guy, for a broke guy studying at community college making minimum wage. I'm busy like I have no choice, not because I'm someone important.

So I think you overrated me, and yourself, and you still cant admit that you brought your presence to the thread with too much overbearing irrelevance and won't even acknowledge that I gave you my time that I can't spare much (again, from limitation, not from self-importance).

But you, actually, I think, just don't know how to respect that. You over-value yourself. I don't over-value myself. You'd see that just from reading what I actually wrote, instead of talking to some phantom of my words.
Please, point out, specifically, where you though me "overbearing". Please, point out, specifically, where you though me "self-important". Please, point out, specifically, where you though me to be "overrating myself". Please, point out, specifically, where I treated you as a "phantom" "of your words".

None of those states of being were my intent. But, in the interest of doing better in the future, help a brother out, eh?

Telling someone the truth about something does not, per force, make one and ass. I get that to some folks, it feels that way. But, it's just not the case.

That said, I do understand your "already limited patience and attention."

Just gonna say this... you sound like a bot.

Please, point out, specifically, where you though me "overbearing". Please, point out, specifically, where you though me "self-important". Please, point out, specifically, where you though me to be "overrating myself". Please, point out, specifically, where I treated you as a "phantom" "of your words".

None of those states of being were my intent. But, in the interest of doing better in the future, help a brother out, eh?

You sound like a bot.
I wont point out, since it's not a good use of my time. But it does lend some credence to my criticism of you having zero respect for my life situation. But hey, it's not like I'm asking you for any help, right? ;)

I've had someone tell me I sound like a bot on here before. You're very late to the party. Actually someone even asked me if I was "form810" which I find interesting.

So within the quasi-democracy of JetCareers, since you say I sound like a bot, and someone says I sound like you, I vote for them, and between the three of us, using your own words, you sound like a bot.

Regardless of that, you claim I'm a troll and you claim I'm a bot, and you are dedicated to derailing the thread I made, while I keep wishing you well and asking for respect and waiting until I don't see your name in my notifications again.

It just goes to show that I'm close to the truth when I say you might be bitter and that the bitterness is not letting you leave this thread in peace.

I wont point out, since it's not a good use of my time. But it does lend some credence to my criticism of you having zero respect for my life situation. But hey, it's not like I'm asking you for any help, right? ;)

I've had someone tell me I sound like a bot on here before. You're very late to the party. Actually someone even asked me if I was "form810" which I find interesting.

So within the quasi-democracy of JetCareers, since you say I sound like a bot, and someone says I sound like you, I vote for them, and between the three of us, using your own words, you sound like a bot.

Regardless of that, you claim I'm a troll and you claim I'm a bot, and you are dedicated to derailing the thread I made, while I keep wishing you well and asking for respect and waiting until I don't see your name in my notifications again.

It just goes to show that I'm close to the truth when I say you might be bitter and that the bitterness is not letting you leave this thread in peace.
No, no... Mr. Interested. You don't get that easy a cop out. Defend your position. Or leave.

All of us get paid to know things. You PAY to learn things. Empirically, your time is NOT that valuable.

As for the bot thing... YES. I have been accuse of that around here. See my statement previously ("Leave that kinda stuff for asshats like me."). I well understand my place.

I actually think you might be a pretty perspicacious dude. I'm just trying to, er, hint to you that will NOT do well to start out acting like you know everdamnedthang! Wait until you actually do know a few things (A LOT of things) to start acting like that. You might do very well.

Last edited:
No, no... Mr. Interested. You don't get that easy a cop out. Defend your position. Or leave.

All of us get paid to know things. You PAY to learn things. Empirically, your time is NOT that valuable.
All jokes and prior BS aside, why not just go easy with him. This is unnecessary. We want people to be interested in the industry. We don’t want to drive curiosity away.

Yeah yeah. We've had this one too. I'll just quote myself to you, since my respect for you shall not exceed yours for me.

"It's not a debate if it isn't voluntary". You don't get to force my into proving anything at all. I mean, that's some real empiricism right there. It's pretty obvious.

Subjectively (and all empiricism that excludes subjectivity is a farce) my time is most valuable to me. You never get to demand that I devalue my own time unless you are an idiot.

You seem to be implying it though, so let's spare you the idiocy.

All jokes and prior BS aside, why not just go easy with him. This is unnecessary. We want people to be interested in the industry. We don’t want to drive curiosity away.
No, actually let it continue.

This is because if I'm just a worthless guy who will never get a job in the industry, that's good for all of you. You have no reason to "teach me" how to "hide" my worthlessness. That is, unless you're crooked?

After all, what other motivations do any of you have to "groom" me into something more acceptable except the following two things?

1. You are crooked and groomed into a facade, and you must make sure you have equally corrupted people on your team
2. You seek to leverage your seniority and use it to control newer people by coercing them into line with false promises, hope, and meaningless opportunities

It's dark, isn't?

So why not just let me crash and burn in my stupidity. It's no loss to honest people.

Yeah yeah. We've had this one too. I'll just quote myself to you, since my respect for you shall not exceed yours for me.

"It's not a debate if it isn't voluntary". You don't get to force my into proving anything at all. I mean, that's some real empiricism right there. It's pretty obvious.

Subjectively (and all empiricism that excludes subjectivity is a farce) my time is most valuable to me. You never get to demand that I devalue my own time unless you are an idiot.

You seem to be implying it though, so let's spare you the idiocy.
See my last post. I do respect you. I'm just trying give you some helpful advice and cool your jets until you are actually, you know, flying jets.

See my last post. I do respect you. I'm just trying give you some helpful advice and cool your jets until you are actually, you know, flying jets.
My jets have been cool all along. So you're talking to an imaginary version of me that has hot jets. That's the phantom (something that doesn't exist).

No, you don't respect me as a human being. You respect me as something else, like a knob, or an airplane-flyer or something. Your thinking shows how you actually value things (and by "thinking", I just mean the things you wrote).

Last edited:
No, actually let it continue.

This is because if I'm just a worthless guy who will never get a job in the industry, that's good for all of you. You have no reason to "teach me" how to "hide" my worthlessness. That is, unless you're crooked?

After all, what other motivations do any of you have to "groom" me into something more acceptable except the following two things?

1. You are crooked and groomed into a facade, and you must make sure you have equally corrupted people on your team
2. You seek to leverage your seniority and use it to control newer people by coercing them into line with false promises, hope, and meaningless opportunities

It's dark, isn't?

So why not just let me crash and burn in my stupidity. It's no loss to honest people.
Have you checked out RTAG yet? Great place that advocates for and educates vets about all aspects of the aviation industry.

I'm out. Good luck. We're all counting on you.

The good news is just like the bad news...

More responses have what narcissists crave! Attention.

Back