Basic Aerodynamics question

Have you checked out RTAG yet? Great place that advocates for and educates vets about all aspects of the aviation industry.
That's pretty good to know about, since I think I know someone who could make use of that. I probably would not qualify for it (and due to a bunch of other stuff going on in my life, not just money, I'm pretty much in my spot for a while yet). I do appreciate the advice I get, I try to wait and ask worthwhile questions to avoid wasting time of the experts on here.

However this thread was just about aerodynamics, really (until it got expertly derailed by @form810 ). I was having trouble understanding lift, and the thread helped.

If it doesn't matter that someone might find value in this thread, then that's fine. We can take it to the Lav (as I said, I wanted the thread to be valuable to future readers too, but I got my answer to pass my test in class, which I did).

That's pretty good to know about, since I think I know someone who could make use of that. I probably would not qualify for it (and due to a bunch of other stuff going on in my life, not just money, I'm pretty much in my spot for a while yet). I do appreciate the advice I get, I try to wait and ask worthwhile questions to avoid wasting time of the experts on here.

However this thread was just about aerodynamics, really (until it got expertly derailed by @form810 ). I was having trouble understanding lift, and the thread helped.

If it doesn't matter that someone might find value in this thread, then that's fine. We can take it to the Lav (as I said, I wanted the thread to be valuable to future readers too, but I got my answer to pass my test in class, which I did).
Copy that… I understand all of that. But just for clarification, RTAG is not something you apply for. It costs nothing. It’s a Facebook group created by vets to help other vets. Every year they hold a free convention with employers from nearly every aviation field. Besides quality advice for vets about how to get all aspects of aviation training paid for (dispatch, mechanic, pilots, etc), their general industry advice is pretty solid as well.

Copy that… I understand all of that. But just for clarification, RTAG is not something you apply for. It costs nothing. It’s a Facebook group created by vets to help other vets. Every year they hold a free convention with employers from nearly every aviation field. Besides quality advice for vets about how to get all aspects of aviation training paid for (dispatch, mechanic, pilots, etc), their general industry advice is pretty solid as well.
Got it. I'll look into it more closely. I'm going to find them on Facebook and try to join, if they will let me.

Back