baseball

ZUM

In the 1986 movie Back to the Future 2 , there was a scene where the
Christopher LLoyd Character is looking through the sports almanac and he
happens to "look Back" at the 2003 World Series. He tells Michael J. Fox
that the Boston Red Sox won the 2003 series by beating the Florida team.

What is even more amazing was that when the movie was made Florida
didn't
even have a baseball team then....

I have seen that movie more times that I can count. First, the film was from 1989 and the sports almanac is from 1950-2000. So I am not sure where you are getting this info.

[ QUOTE ]
In the 1986 movie Back to the Future 2 , there was a scene where the
Christopher LLoyd Character is looking through the sports almanac and he
happens to "look Back" at the 2003 World Series. He tells Michael J. Fox
that the Boston Red Sox won the 2003 series by beating the Florida team.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, the year was 2015 and it was Wrigley Field and the scoreboard said that the Cubs beat Miami to win the World Series.

It was a joke about how bad the Cubs are/were.

Actually you are both wrong, It is 2005 when the Cubs will win. I know this because I am a diehard Cubs fan that has taken what the said to heart.

Hmm, probably not. They can't shake the curse. Have fun cheering for a team that can't seem to rid themselves of the chain wrapped around their neck.

yeah...and what's your team, the one that won last year?? and the before that the team that won then too??.... at least us DIE HARD CUBBBIES fans have faith to our team..... we don't jump on the bandwagon for whoever is doing well... i dont care if we never win anything again.... there is nothing like being a Cubs fan... there's nothing like being from chicago and going to a game.....

all i'm saying is dont be a fair weather fan..... cause thats just lame

Flyhi5-

Don't worry, most people don't know what it's like to be a Cubs fan, believe growing up in the Midwest, it was a way of life.

Most people pick a team once theplayoffs begin, and continue that tradition over and over again. People from Chicago that are Cubs fans simply do not, it's not a Cubs fan's nature to do so. It's all about loyalty.

No worries, the Cubs will have there day... one day.

Sure can't wait until next year.

Back