Baron with winglets?

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
I saw a Baron on the ramp yesterday with winglets. Thought it was odd.

What do winglets do for a Baron?

How much do the upgraded engines play into that 30kts and the winglets provide better fuel economy?

I'd be interested to see a picture of this

Plane01.jpg

And if you notice the four bladed props are q-tiped on purpose. Makes the prop extremely quiet...at least compared to my 3 bladed model I fly.

Here is the price sheet for the conversion

FOXSTAR - BEECHCRAFT C, D, E AND 58 BARONS – With Factory Reman Engines….......................$138,500<o>
</o>Continental IO550C, 300 Horsepower Engines, Hartzell Four Blade “Q-Tip” Propellers and Spinners, Governors, Synchrophaser, Winglets, Shadin Digital Fuel Computer. Also, includes Vacuum Pumps, Starters, Alternators, Lord Mounts and Fuel and Oil Hoses.<o></o>

With 3 Bladed Propellers…………………………………………………......................................$128,900
Factory New IO550C Engines with 3 year Warranty, a great value at only...................................$9,000 extra

http://www.colemill.com/pricelistbeech.php

Another strange thing I've seen is a C-182 with canards on the cowling. I'm not sure what they're for or why, but it looked kinda neat.

Another strange thing I've seen is a C-182 with canards on the cowling. I'm not sure what they're for or why, but it looked kinda neat.

Some kind of STOL mod. This absolute schiester I worked for back in the day had one, based out of Bay Bridge in Maryland. Think it was either the prototype, or first "customer" model. Seemed like a pretty impressive package...cruised about the same but could get off the ground in about the time it took you to say "wow" and could basically hover. Now, if you asked this guy, it could also cure world hunger and make you irresistable to supermodels, but then, he also had "14,000 hours of unlogged DC-3 time in China", a wet commercial certificate, and couldn't fly his way out of wet paper bag.

They are called the Peterson 260SE. I've flown one, rotation speed is about 40kts. Other than landing and taking off very slowly it isn't too much different than a normal 182. They also have a 260HP IO-470 in place of the original 230hp O-470.

Alex.

I think its called a SE 260 from peterson stol. And if you think thats cool, check out the cessna wren 460 with pop up stall fences!

Not to hijack this thread, but I do fly a baron and we have thought about getting the winglets for quite some time. We figure we'll do it when we paint the A/C, and it's about due (1995 Paint)... $10,250 for the winglets alone, but the "cool" factor is definitely there!

Now for the Hijack portion... Alex, (Citationkid) did you take the pictures for the Conquest II on controller? They seem too artistic to be a dealer. Tail # N441LC...

Plane01.jpg

And if you notice the four bladed props are q-tiped on purpose. Makes the prop extremely quiet...at least compared to my 3 bladed model I fly.
Prop Strike? Aww hell no, that wasn't a prop strike! See that was a- an uhh- well you see I couldn't afford those new Q-tip props- so I carefully manuevered my aircraft along a predetermined altitude for a brief moment which effectively administered the previously approved FAA modification. Man, listen how quiet they are-by next year everybody will want these new Qtips!

Back