"Bar None"....they like us....they really like us

Re: \"Bar None\"....they like us....they really like us

Doin a google search....someone named a CD "flightsafety"...apparently she's a cross between Tori Amos and someone else....bizarre name for a music CD

Only a 2 day wait list for the CD
wink.gif

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000IAT0/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/103-8684907-8080619?v=glance&s=music&vi=customer-reviews

Chunk

That is pretty cool, must be many FSI alum there. How did you find that? Kind of random that another flight school would mention that FSI is the best. I am guessing someone else led you to that webpage (you know--"friend of a friend").

just a little friend named Google....

That is a nice compliment coming from another school. Nice to see...ILS

When you are ready to get serious come to Pan Am

[ QUOTE ]
When you are ready to get serious come to Pan Am

[/ QUOTE ]

Pan Scam's been in business how long? 2, maybe three whole years? FSI's been around close to 60. That's more than half the duration of manned flight. Go away little boy....go finish your ratings before your school folds like the French infantry.

Chunk

I think Pan Am's been around a little longer than three years, actually.

I'm not sure if it's the same holding company, but back in 1998, Delta rented a Pan Am 727 simulator at the Pan Am building in MIA.

PAIFA did not exist when I was looking for flight schools....that was 98-99 era. SIMCOM is part of the larger part, right?

I dunno if there is a relationship or not, but that's where I did my 727 FE simulator training.

The Pan Am sims in MIA may or not be related to PAIFA, I dunno.

Off Topic: Hey, did you backseat guys have access to bug juice and the autodog, Chunk?

Bug juice and the autodog? By bug juice do you mean the Kool-Aid-esque substance that people cleaned brass with rather than drink? Autodog I won't even hazard a guess for!

Or is bugjuice JP? Bug = Hornet Juice = Fuel

Crewed with a Navy guy again? I honestly haven't heard those expressions before.

I can't remember what bug juice specifically was, but it was a beverage. However the "autodog" was the ice cream machine.

Yeah...bug juice is the colored drink that's supposed to be Kool-Aid. Like I said, it was more useful cleaning brass than for consumption.

Soft-serve ice cream is called dogsh*t because of the similarity of appearance. Over the years, it's been shortened to "dog". Haven't heard the machine called autodog though...Autodog...funny!

Doug are you getting indoctrinated in the ways of the Navy yet? Ready to sign up just for the conversation?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if it's the same holding company, but back in 1998, Delta rented a Pan Am 727 simulator at the Pan Am building in MIA.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the PanAm website under "history" - it's a little vauge...
[ QUOTE ]
Founded in 1927, Pan Am World Airways pioneered the world of passenger air travel. Emerging as a private company after the airline's closure in 1991, Pan Am International Flight Academy has continued that tradition by becoming a world leader in aviation training services. We provide flight crew training for over 200 airlines worldwide at our nationwide training centers. In our various divisions, we offer training programs for major airlines, regional airlines, business jets, air traffic controllers and flight attendants.

[/ QUOTE ]
So chunk, I guess that you're wrong. PanAm has been around since the Spoils conference.

I can't seem to find where I saw the link to EW Holdings in the Pan Am forum, but I went there to check it out. Quite a diverse portfolio. I remember when I toured there there were real high on the fact that they were owned by the same company as GNC and Snapple. Well those companies have been dropped from the portfolio (I don't know why). Good news though is that they now have Meow Mix.

meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow......

Seriously though and on a side note, I'm not insinuating that PanAm is any kind of financial trouble, but I think that every student (not just PanAm students) should learn a valuable lesson from the ATA folks. Review your contracts and make sure that your money is safe. Better yet, pay as you go.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Doug are you getting indoctrinated in the ways of the Navy yet? Ready to sign up just for the conversation?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just that most of my close work pals are former Navy pilots. It's funny, but names like "Stripe", "Kegger", "The Grinch" and "Bo Diddley" are better names than the ones their parents gave them.

pavelump,

Pan Am, the airline, is indeed "ancient". But to say that PAIFA has anything to do with what Juan Trippe started with some flying boats is a stretch. The name's the same...that's all!

Doug,

Who speaks more clearly, Navy or Chair Force guys....I think the Navy might have the record with obscure terminology and slang.

Chunk,

As an active Air Force guy, I will have to hand the award for silly terminology to you Squids.

It took me a two week TDY to Roosy Roads to figure out that:

The "Galley" was the chow hall or dining area,
and I must go to the "Head" to take a leak,
and that there's no such thing as a snack bar, "Oh, you must be looking for the Geedunk", as one Seaman corrected me.

Back