Banner Towing

badtransam97

Well, I need some opinions! First if all, I have decided to stay with the FBO route and pay as I go instead of the fast track programs. With the state of the industry, I think that would be the smartest choice. I am almost through with my instrument rating and will be starting on comm and CFI's soon after. What I am wondering is...would towing banners be beneficial in any way to my progression up the ladder? I know it would put hours in my logbook, but I have also heard that some employers look down on that time?? I dont think I would mind instructing at all, its just that for some reason, I have always wanted to try the banner towing thing, I just dont want it to be a bad decision (like i should have been instructing those hours instead of towing banners). Please feel free to offer any suggestions!

Well, I need some opinions! First if all, I have decided to stay with the FBO route and pay as I go instead of the fast track programs. With the state of the industry, I think that would be the smartest choice. I am almost through with my instrument rating and will be starting on comm and CFI's soon after. What I am wondering is...would towing banners be beneficial in any way to my progression up the ladder? I know it would put hours in my logbook, but I have also heard that some employers look down on that time?? I dont think I would mind instructing at all, its just that for some reason, I have always wanted to try the banner towing thing, I just dont want it to be a bad decision (like i should have been instructing those hours instead of towing banners). Please feel free to offer any suggestions!

I know many banner towers that have gone on to burn Jet A, myself included. If you get the opportunity, I highly recommend it! I heard the same things from people who thought they knew more than they did. I have not seen it be an issue.

Back