Banner plane down in Myrtle Beach...

Timmy Tucker

I was on my way to do some estimates this morning and I got a call from my cousin, who's on vacation w/ the rest of my family (no vacation for me :( ) and a few of his college buddies. They were at the beach this AM when a plane crashed into the surf about 50 yards away.

A bunch of them ran/swam out there to help, but the pilot was already out of the plane. He was fine, except for a sore wrist. The plane looks like a total loss though. According to one of his friends, the pilot got caught up in the banner of another plane. He's supposed to be sending me some camera phone pics tonight.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

http://www.wect.com/global/story.asp?s=8615387

I was on my way to do some estimates this morning and I got a call from my cousin, who's on vacation w/ the rest of my family (no vacation for me :( ) and a few of his college buddies. They were at the beach this AM when a plane crashed into the surf about 50 yards away.

A bunch of them ran/swam out there to help, but the pilot was already out of the plane. He was fine, except for a sore wrist. The plane looks like a total loss though. According to one of his friends, the pilot got caught up in the banner of another plane.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

http://www.wect.com/global/story.asp?s=8615387

You might think it is a total loss, but there are many banner companies that will put that plane back up in the air. It will probably be dragging around again before the end of summer. Glad to hear the guy is OK.

You might think it is a total loss, but there are many banner companies that will put that plane back up in the air. It will probably be dragging around again before the end of summer. Glad to hear the guy is OK.

:yeahthat: I was in Ocean City, MD on vacation. Our neighbors were a group of guys who flew banners. They told me they had one go in the drink and fished it out. It was back up the following month.

holy cow that guy is lucky to be alive.

lately nobody has been walking away from airplanes in one piece.

Back