Baggage cart 1, Skywest 0

It's not "Embraer", its "Yaborã".

I will never shut-up about this because the whole situation is ridiculous.

1605582677328.png

Impressive! Direct hit!

Reminds me of being bored in the ramp tower on busy SFO nights with the line of cars on the fly over ramp from Highway 101 stretching all the way from the terminals to right where drives level out of the "climb" at freeway speed and encounter a sea of tail lights. We'd take notice when the blindspot was in the right place and literally cheer as we saw some jackass decide to take the ramp at 80MPH then either slam into the cars ahead(not hard enough for injuries but hard enough to total their car sometimes) or the divider in an effort to swerve. Happened all the time, at least a few times per month just when I happened to personally notice. Hilariously, I don't recall a time that it was NOT an Uber\Lyft doing the rear ending then the passenger would be picked up by another ride share car right there on the ramp LOL. 1 star ratings, ahoy.

I always hoped I'd see something like this, best I saw was a tug T-bone a lav cart and spill human waste all over himself and block an Emirates A380 from pushing for 20+ minutes because "Sir a lavatory vehicle got into an incident behind you and now we need to clean up the poo-poo and pee-pee". But the airport didn't find it as funny as I did, and REALLY didn't appreciate my amusement in the report and especially on the tapes when they pulled them. The best part was Emirates made a big deal and they had to write a transcript that included all of my potty jokes LOL. But one time as a ramper when SkyWest used the now-torn-down SFO T1 rotunda, I was driving and I heard someone scream "LOOK OUT" and I see rampers at the end of a belt loader scatter and a huge A320 tire goes rolling right by them and slams the jetbridge stairs. Made it all the way across the ramp from the International Terminal during a Virgin America tire change. Damn impressive, never did find out HOW that happened.

Airports are amazing places, really.

Last edited:
That looks like spot Q16 in Seattle. I feel bad about the jet, but I'm glad that none of the ramp staff were injured. Once those carts got loose, they were going to hit something... The gate, another vehicle, a plane, or people. At least they didn't hit a passenger or ramper.

Back