Bad News, real bad news

braidkid

1) The Cessna Flying Club lost one of its 182s last night. 2 guys and 1 girl aboard. The girl died and both of the guys are in the hospital. Dont know the specifics. Apparently they were shooting an instrument approach into Fayettville (sp) Arkansas. The ceilings were 500 feet. Needless to say the club's airplanes have been grounded.

2) NetJets cancelled a bunch of airplane orders. There's gonna be a 10% reduction in engineering next week. Hope I'm not one of them!!

So not only is there a chance I could lose my job next week, but our club is grounded as well all while I'm trying to finish my CFI. I think this all calls for a few beers tonight!!

confused.gif
frown.gif

Sad very sad.

yikes braidkid - I'm so sorry to hear that...I hope everything works out ok for you, and my prayers to those in the 182.

Ryan,

I'm very sorry to hear that. I send my condolences to the family of the female passenger, and I wish a quick and safe recovery to the two gentlemen.

I read about Cessna’s cutbacks, and I was wondering if you would be affected. I truly hope you can retain your job!

Good luck, and keep us posted as to the condition of the injured.

I used to know one of the guys in the crash, haven't seen him in a while though. Very tragic accident. I wasn't here when the crash happened (in FL for the week), but when the weather gets low at Fayetteville, the airport is in a valley, it gets real weird and unpredictable very quickly. My prayers go out to the girls family, and to a safe recovery for both of the guys.

Back