Bad news for U.S. Air.

BoeingDrew

Here is the link to the story. This isn't good news for U.S. Air, or their employees. This makes me worry that they may not be around next year.
frown.gif
I always thought that they were a good airline when I flew them. It's a shame for those FA's and their families.
frown.gif

Sheesh! Well Happy New Year! Couldn't they wait a day or two till after the New Years festivities were completed.

mpenguin1
That rabbit is disturbing. Its just too happy. As you US Air that sucks. I wish it didnt have to be like that, but its the reality of the current economy.

The rabbit is infectious!

And built just like our cat "Sprite"!

Thats a shame. I used to fly on them all the time when I was a kid. My father was getting retirement from them as result of the Piedmont/USAir merger when he was a 727 Captain. Ever since their bankruptcy my dad stopped getting his pension from them when he medically retired during the Piedmont/USAir merger. That stinks for the FA's right now though.

[ QUOTE ]
The rabbit is infectious!

And built just like our cat "Sprite"!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm Doug always thought you to be a dog person.

Matthew

I just don't get it........Why force senior (meaning better paid) people back from leaves, and then furlough the least paid flight attendants??? Just do what AA did, slash the benifits that the senior people were collecting on the voluntary leaves, let whoever wants to come back from leave, come back. THEN furlough (if necessary).

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't get it........Why force senior (meaning better paid) people back from leaves, and then furlough the least paid flight attendants??? Just do what AA did, slash the benifits that the senior people were collecting on the voluntary leaves, let whoever wants to come back from leave, come back. THEN furlough (if necessary).

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they are hoping that they will not return? Not sure what the US Air rules, but they could be entitled to some benefits even though they are on furlough.

As a former US Air Express pilot and a commuter, I spoke with many U flight attendants over the past few years. I can't count the number of FAs who told me that they were making over 80K a year and working less than 10 days a month. A little big high on the pay and low on the days worked if you asked me.

When U goes to max utilization on FAs, they will not need as many and will save money. IF they add the small airbus to their own certificate instead of MidAtlantics, they will be called back shortly.

Back