Bad Experiences so far with dca :-(

[ QUOTE ]
Rationalization is the greatest problem amongst students at DCA. It is always someone else's fault...

I cannot belive that this individual, missed a week of groundschool...

And if is a fact that instructors in the instrument group are available.

But you made Montana and the "Gang"'s day with this sorry post...
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason i missed ground school was because of a stomach virus/food posioning which i let the ground school instructors know about.

[ QUOTE ]

And ARROGANCE is one of the greatest problems in the culture at DCA. From some of the instructors all the way up to management. Been there and seen it. I suspect so did the other 17 (basically the whole class) that left. When you fix that, you MIGHT have a chance if you can convince them paying three times as much as many other places is still worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was always interesting to me that we were told not to worry about rocking the boat and let the group managers know how we can resolve problems for you. Then you'd go to a group manager like Paul in the private group and the response would typically be 'TFB', too •ing bad. There's lies and deception and then there's reality. DCA really has no perception of reality.

[ QUOTE ]
, Pan am closing campus,

[/ QUOTE ]

what?? PAIFA is closing their florida campus?? when did this happen?

Here is how it works:

If you have an issue, discuss it with your instructor first. The next in line are the group leaders, if they can't solve your problem, then the group manager. If the group manager drops the ball, which is pretty rare, then you should go to Customer Service. If you have a legitimate claim, it will get solved.

However you still have to study, and that means for real. You need to do your homework and fly the plane at least to PTS... If you are having an issue because you ran out of excuses for not having done your part or have no one else to blame. Go ask daddy to read a story at night so you can go night night...

Of course this might not apply to you, but it does to a bunch of whiners here and they are the ones getting pissed off while they read this and the hat fits them...

And if your probelm did not get solved and the "hat "above does not fit you then you can come and whine here whith my full support...

bandit.gif

[ QUOTE ]

However you still have to study, and that means for real. You need to do your homework and fly the plane at least to PTS... If you are having an issue because you ran out of excuses for not having done your part or have no one else to blame. Go ask daddy to read a story at night so you can go night night...

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, now, be nice! Keep in mind, I passed every test in the high 90s, never failed an oral and always accepted flight busts as my fault. However, when problems arose, I would frequently have to go up the chain of command because no one could 'do anything about it' and was usually given the TFB line at the end. There was no concept of customer service in most of the groups! The only groups that got anything done to fix legitimate problems were the commercial and multi groups.

I eventually wrote a letter to Susan and, while she replied, she failed to answer any of my concerns directly. For example, I complained that the planes were in poor condition and Susan responded that the maintenance department won the 'Diamond Award' for maintenance excellence. I agree, the maintenace department is great but the planes are old, and break frequently because of it.

Last note, based on your comments, one of my biggest problems with DCA was the whole hand holding thing. Being required to watch redundant videos and backseat flights and turn in massive amounts of homework questions. Don't get me wrong, Martha's hot and the homework stimulating, but if I needed mommy and daddy to hold my hand so that I could study effectively, I'd still be at home to get my bed time stories!

Did you read the whole post? It seems that the last sentence is the one that fits you...

Complaining about the age of the fleet is common. And the school is analyzing a few proposals for fleet renewal. The word on the grapevine is that it might start as early as next January. Oh! wait a minute, Did you want them to buy new planes right away for you to fly?

I think what he is saying is that other big name schools that DCA is compared to actually spend money on a newer fleet. That being Flight Safety and Pan Am. ATP is another example (maybe not all new aircraft but GPS in all of them). DCA has been and is lagging behind the field. Now Im not saying newer aircraft are better, but for the prices DCA charges.....well, yeah...

Back